JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got one of each at marine fisherman. The smith lasted 50 rounds and the extractor and spring blew out on it. it had ftf,fte from the first round. sent it back to smith for repairs monday:angry: the sig on the other hand is great.:s0155:

The sale at Fisherman's is over. Back to $499.
I may still get one at this price, although I think I can get one shipped from Gunsamerica for $459. Add Transfer and BG fee and it'll still be less than $509 (with BG fee).

What have you guys done for sights/optics?

Just took it to the range for the first time today. Had the factory mag and Raye at the Baron's Den let me borrow a CMMG and Black dog for testing. They hadn't even seen a 522 yet so he was a little peeved that his competition had already got them and sold out. He called his wholesale dealer while I was there and found out that Sig were sending them through the dealer direct channel first.

All 3 mags worked flawlessly - Sig, BDM and CMMG.
I have a Bushnell Trophy 1 x 32mm red dot (T) sight and was just doing a function test and prelim zero.
Unfortunately the 25 yard part of the range was being used by the feds so I had to use the 50ft part.

I'm very impressed with the build quality of the Sig. Feels way solid - I put about 250 rounds through, and had 2 failure to feeds in the first mag - I didn't lube or anything - just took it out of the box and started firing.
I think it just needed to loosen up as it didn't happen again.

Group sizes at this short range were nickel sized 25 shot groups if I took my time. The hard part was seeing the bull on the target as it was kinda dark and gloomy.
I just lined up the dot with where I perceived the middle of the 6" circle was.

You can fire rapid and because of the lack of recoil the groups stay pretty tight. It is a lot of fun and I can see this being my primary rifle for sage rat hunting this year. I will most likely throw on a 3-9 x 40 scope for that though.

Absolutely no regrets in buying this - I would highly recommend for anyone looking for a fun .22LR plinker.

I just purchased a Sig 522 today and was wondering how they have been for everyone. I read what is above, but was wondering if anyone one else has experience or if any problems have developed. I have heard that they may have some durability issues. Any feedback welcome

Thanks!

I have two of them. First I bought for $440 when they came out and the other I bought for $299 when Top Gun Supply had their memorial day sale. I run them with silencers and they have been the most reliable .22's I have ever owned. They'll feed and fire ammo that no other .22 I own will.

I got mine Dan-Dee Sales, serial number 0004xx It's been a great shooter, but I did have to modify the magazines to be easier to load. Also, I didn't learn what those weird shaped extra plastic bits were for until 3 months after I got the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top