JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which would you do?

• Full 365 (smallest package)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 365 Frame + XL Slide (smaller frame, longer slide)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • XL Frame + 365 Slide (larger frame, smaller slide)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Full XL (largest package)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
Picked up a fire control group for a Sig 365 and am now trying to determine if I want to make the good ol' 365...or an X...or an XL with it.

As for carry guns, I've already got a Kimber Evo SP (about the size of a Glock 43) and Commander sized 1911...so, I'm torn with having this gun sit in the middle (X or XL) or simply replacing the Kimber altogether and remaining a smaller 365.

Kind of thinking an XL slide on a 365 frame right now...

What would you do and why?

------

The 365 is a subcompact pistol with enough grip length to leave off a pinky or force a small extension to fit a pinky onto the grip for most people.
The 365XL is a compact pistol that lengthens the grip and slide as compared to the 365.
The 365X is the larger frame of the XL paired with the smaller slide of the 365.

Running the smaller frame of the 365 with the XL slide is not commercially available to my knowledge, but can be done with a build up.

I bought a regular P365 and ended up getting an XL frame for it. I like the short slide for carry, although I'm not sure an XL slide would change much. But I didn't like the short grip; you really have to have a mag in it for it to feel "right", and to me that's just odd. I was carrying with 12-round mags anyway, so I just got the XL frame and all is well now. Just my $0.02

I like the 365 with the xl grip seems to fit the hand better. I do have a 365 grip I keep just in case I'm going to California and 1 10 mag to go with it. I machined a 365 slide to mount a Romeo zero on it. If you decide to go with the 365 slide I have a couple and would make you a good deal.

4B998DA3-1C08-4777-B412-E0E62239EC8F.jpeg B9D66E6B-8D11-4B3E-803A-B4E14BEFBB2F.jpeg

I've got the standard 365 and the XL. Lately, I've come around to thinking that the XL might just be the sweet spot for me as far as my perfect concealed carry pistol. Shoots like a bigger pistol. 1911-like trigger. Great sights. Excellent accuracy. No experience with the "X" nor have I swapped out slides and frames on the regular 365 or XL. I like 'em both the way they are...
sigorama.jpg

Seems like the grip would affect conceal-ability more than the barrel length. I say either go full XL if you want versatility (it's still plenty small), or full regular if you just want to fill the small gun niche.

My buddy carries the XL slide with the 365 grip cause he's more accurate with the XL slide. The 365 grip is easier to conceal, and you can always get extended mags for the range.

I like the 365 with the xl grip seems to fit the hand better. I do have a 365 grip I keep just in case I'm going to California and 1 10 mag to go with it. I machined a 365 slide to mount a Romeo zero on it. If you decide to go with the 365 slide I have a couple and would make you a good deal.

View attachment 1029809 View attachment 1029811
Thanks, I'll consider it. What do you think of the aluminum frame over the polymer? Any issues with the grip on a hot day?

I just bought the 365 XL… which is full slide and frame… but I would say that the XL frame and regular slide is what I would recommend … it's then like a 19x so it would help with recoil and control… I am well aware of recoil is minimal in the 9mm but first off… I take kids out shooting so it helps them with management of the recoil… second is the fact that it helps mitigate muzzle flip when you can get more purchase on the frame… third is when you go subcompact in size it increases the recoil… if you decide to eventually have it really concealed then for like $30 you can get the small frame and go back and forth depending on the day, what your wearing etc

We rented the original 365 the year it first came out. Its total length and side silhouette are smaller than my Ruger LC9s. I was not comfortable with my left thumb sticking out farther forward than the barrel. I also could not get a good grip on it. I bought the 365XL last year since I can get all three fingers on the grip and I like the longer barrel length.

I've got the XL with RMR and really like it for my carry, though I tend to carry my Kimber ultra more, great gun, shoots great, accurate, and I might have a small Sig obsession 🤔

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top