Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Sig 238 Trigger

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Cougfan2, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I have been doing a little dry fire practice with my new 238 prior to being able to get out to the range and one thing I have noticed is that the bottom edge of the trigger is pretty sharp. I can see this getting painful after a long range session. I was thinking about trying to round off the bottom edge of the trigger just a little, but after looking at it, I'm not sure what material it is.

I think it is aluminum, but I have also heard that the Sig 238 triggers are polymer. Anyone know?

wombat and (deleted member) like this.
  2. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

... P238 triggers are plastic. And I think hollow at that ...

Hissoldier, on thehighroad.org, has made a CNC replacement trigger, maybe he still has some ...
    Stainless trigger P238 - THR

Look at this thread on the 1911 forum, might be just what you need?
    http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=331060

cosem9242 (on this forum) might also have some comment on the P238 trigger ... he posted a trigger swap Sep 2011.

thanks
    Chris

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Wombat, THANKS!!! I now remember seeing something a while back on the 1911 forum regarding Sig 238 replacement triggers. I'll contact PartsProduction.

4. XSubSailor

XSubSailor SW WA Active Member

I replaced mine with one for the Colt Mustang. I bought it at Brownell's and it's a drop-in replacement.

5. wombat

wombat Kirkland, WA Member

... Colt did sell the rights and machinery to SIG Sauer to make the P238. So long as the trigger pivot pins come out and go back in ...
    Brownell's also have a Pro Spring kit for the Colt 380 ...