JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A recent thread about cutting down a shotgun barrel for a home defense gun seemed to be generating quite a bit of interest before it turned into a pissing match. So - if you have shotgun that you have cut down yourself - post a photo of it. (photos only, no pissing) Here is a Reminton Model 11 that I shortened to 20".
RemingtonModel11.jpg

My first firearm, a 20 gauge break open single shot I bought from K-mart back in 1977 when I was 14. Brought it deer hunting using slugs; good thing I did not see anything as I later found out I was zero for five at 25 yards on a 24x24 target. I cut it down to about 18.5" on the barrel and 26.5" overall just because I could.
shotgun.jpg

Ranb

I once had a Winchester 1300 that I took to a shop to have it cut to 20" and re-threaded for chokes. 6 Months later they only cut it and didn't do anything else. I now have a new H&R Pardner Pump with 28" vent rib barrel that I am thinking of cutting down to 18"-20" and sending the barrel to Colonial arms to get it rethreaded for chokes. Would be pretty cool having a full choked 18" vent rib barrel!

A repost from a past thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I did it. The goal was to make my circa 1990 Springfield 67f 20 gauge look like a Viet Nam era military Stevens 77E, So I ordered a Viet Nam era butt stock complete with the red T style recoil pad from Sarco ($30 after including shipping), an era correct cotton sling ($7), and some swivels ($12), I still need a bead sight.

I stripped the fore grip and had trouble getting the stain to match the stock, I was ready to try soaking it in dirty motor oil till I spied my black shoe polish, that did the trick.

I decided to cut the barrel to 18 1/2" even though the correct length would be 20" for a Viet Nam era shotty, which I am fine with because it is a 20 gauge and isn't a Viet Nam shot gun, just a wanna be.

First ever gun project results. Must say I am happy with it.

Springfield67F2.jpg

Before

P1010302.jpg

Thanks Oldgrapeler

the stock was split where it mounts, new stocks are more then the gun is worth and why she was retired, I just epoxied it back together and chopped it
I used black then a 3 coats of epoxy resin, after it cured 2 more coats of semi-gloss black
I did the black under the heavy epoxy coats so that the light scratches & rash that the stock and foregard get wont show "white wood" when scratched, it will still look black till I touch it up again

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top