Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Shotgun Light

Discussion in 'Shotgun Discussion' started by Shadow, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Shadow

Shadow Conyers, Georgia, United States Member

Just bought a Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical and wanted to put a light on the picatinny rail that is attached to the end of the barrel. Any suggestions on a light that won't break the bank?

2. wedge556

wedge556 seattle Member

It's nice to put a light on a shotgun as your looking to illuminate out to CQB to 40-50 yards . There are plenty of decent lights out there for under $100 that work really well at that range. You don't need to spend $300+ to get a decent light.
    You can get a Surefire G2 and mount for about $100. Streamlight TLR-1 might be a good option. Inforce makes a nice light for around $100-125. I'm liking Fenix lights these days and Amazon has mounts for them to fit a picatiny rail. Some folks really like the Elzetta lights. Make sure you get a good mount from a reputable company.
    Check out Rainier Arms or Weapon Outfitters.

3. Shadow

Shadow Conyers, Georgia, United States Member

Thanks for the info! I think I've settled on the Surefire G2 Pro. Going to the gun show here in Atlanta tomorrow to see if I can find one.

4. wedge556

wedge556 seattle Member

A good light. Get a good mount.
    Keep an open mind to a Streamlight or an Inforce and you can't go wrong.
    Best,
    Wedge556

5. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

+1 for Fenix lights. I have a TK10 mounted on my 870 with a "mounting solutions plus" mount. The light is over 200 lumens (cant remember the exact rating) Had the light on my AR for a few years and now its on one of the house guns. The mount Im using is the lowest profile, rock solid, no BS mount I could find. MS+ sells nice stuff!

MS plus.png