JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a ragged out Remington 870 Express Magnum from a Forum member and thought I would see if I could fix it up a little bit.

BEFORE PHOTOS

870Fieldbeforerightside_zps34093827.jpg

870Fieldbeforeleftside_zpsc185ec4f.jpg

SO I went to eBay found a real good deal on a early 1960's Wingmaster Butt stock I already had a later 1970's Forend they were a pretty good match color and wood pattern wise. The checkering pattern was close enough to look good together.

I then bought a nice 28" Remchoke Express Magnum barrel from another forum member (the original had a messed up choke tube section and will end up cut down).

I then fixed a couple issues with the gun (broken Action bar spring and some alingment of the pump rods)

I used my Knifemaking talents and completely sanded the receiver smooth rounding the top of the receiver and making the sides prefectly flat. I then used Durafil to smooth everything so it looked perfect.

After a frustrating introduction to Duracoat paint I was able to get a very nice looking paint job using Rem 870 Black color paint.

So here you have my new Field Gun

sideview_zpse010ada8.jpg

barrel_zpse7444721.jpg

receiver_zpsbc0b90d1.jpg

buttstock_zps35bc14e5.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA