JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the DE XIX .44 and am impressed with your 230 yard shooting without a scope. I shoot mine at 75 to 100 yards and use a scope. I'll have to try the 300 yard gong.
For this demonstration I was shooting at 50 ft.
Shooting at a distance of 230 yards without a scope would be reckless and a waste of ammunition imho.

Speaking of scopes, anyone know what a good scope would be for the Ruger .44 Super Blackhawk Hunter? The one I have on it now it too long, I need something like a 7.5"

What kind of budget are you wanting to stay within. If you are on a budget (sub $200) check out Vortex. If you want to spend up to $500, Leupold makes a very nice Mark III 2.5 - 8x that is tough to beat.

What kind of budget are you wanting to stay within. If you are on a budget (sub $200) check out Vortex. If you want to spend up to $500, Leupold makes a very nice Mark III 2.5 - 8x that is tough to beat.

I'll check what Vortex has to offer, the Leupold is too long at nearly 10".

I saw Swift makes one that's 7.5" and it's $150, not familiar with Swift though.

Speaking of scopes, anyone know what a good scope would be for the Ruger .44 Super Blackhawk Hunter? The one I have on it now it too long, I need something like a 7.5"

I have a Nikon Monarch 2x pistol scope on my Ruger RedHawk it's good out for hunting out to 100yrds it you plan on target shooting I would go with a variable power Nikon Force 2.5-8x. But that's just me and I"m kind of a Nikon wh0re and mines only 8" long ;):s0114::s0155:

Very nice. I sure like shooting my .50 AE I picked up last year.

DSC_0030.jpg