JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I visited the Newberg Freddies. Had to check the LCP. (Was on sale at $329, 'till yesterday; reg $349). I'm missing sub compacts in my collection. having no prior experience with the smallest of the handguns, I could not figure what to do with my thumbs. Strong arm thumb would get in the way of the trigger finger, weak had thumb had nowhere to go.

This is not new to most of you , but it is to me. What do you do to get around it? What works best for you?

bought one for the wife, as she thought it felt great at the store, after shooting 1 mag though it she says sell it back :(

I tried to shoot it, it was just way to small for my hands.

Needed something bigger, she got a Walther P99 to match her P22 :D

It was used and only holds 10 rounds, so not sure if its the cali edition or not because there is a HUGE plastic clock at the bottom of the mag. I emailed Walther and left messaged on their voice mail asking if I could get any info about the serial number but I have not got a responce back.

bought one for the wife, as she thought it felt great at the store, after shooting 1 mag though it she says sell it back :(

I tried to shoot it, it was just way to small for my hands.

Well, shooting the little bugger surely involves a big paradigm change. I tried d1esel thumb location at the store. Very unconvincing. Practiced at home on my P22 grip; no better. Won't be easy. Won't buy until I feel comfortable I can switch to sub-compact grip style in a bind. Gotta make sure that strong arm thumb does not get in the way of the trigger finger. That's the real price to pay for a pocket pistol!

Get your weak hand out of the way.

Handguns used to be shot one handed, and that seems to be the most comfortable way to shoot a tiny pistol

I guess you are on the money. At the store that's what appeared to be the best trade-off. One less thumb to worry about and more room to locate the strong arm thumb. And since 380 recoil is no 357mag, should not be hard to control and get back on target. That's what I'd like to hear about from you guys.

I even tried weak hand below the mag well. Felt like a sissy. :)

I guess you are on the money. At the store that's what appeared to be the best trade-off. One less thumb to worry about and more room to locate the strong arm thumb. And since 380 recoil is no 357mag, should not be hard to control and get back on target. That's what I'd like to hear about from you guys.

I even tried weak hand below the mag well. Felt like a sissy. :)

I have a sig p238, and it's most comfortable to shoot one handed. Recoil is a bit snappy, but controllable. Thumb down, not forward.

If I'm shooting at steel plates 25-30yds away, I'll put my weak hand below the mag well.
It's actually remarkably accurate out that far - but it doesn't bump the plates all that far. :s0114:

Did you already purchase it? Reason being I know where you could get a new one for $299 plus background:s0155:

I was at Fred Meyer in Scappoose yesterday and they had them on ad for $299, plus you get the reward points and fuel discounts.....I would call ahead for availability.....I know they go fast. I would check Newberg again.....they should be the same price. That was probably last weeks price?

I see them cycle around on this site fairly regular- used with mags and holsters around the $300 mark. I love mine- it certainly is not a target pistol. I second the one-handed shooting note, and when I do shoot it 2 handed (bear with me) weak hand cups stong hand, just under, and my thumbs are parallel pointing up and out at about 10:00. Many years ago an old guy who shot competitions showed me this grip, works well for autos and revolvers both- I have always had good results- it is not on the tactical grips list though....

I have small hands, so I have no problem with the grip on mine. I don't really care for the one handed shooting for the LCP because of the fact that you can "limp wrist" the firearm when shooting which can (and has) resulted in a jam or stovepipe situation, which isn't good in a defensive mode. It's a great little pistol have some fun with it. I also recommend getting the pierce mag extentions for +2 mag capacity and a place for your pinky to rest.

Last Edited:
Toolfan is right move that weak hand of your be looking for a band aid.
I've shot one and I'll stick with my glock 26. It's basically the same as a keltec which I've also shot, some guys I've talked to say there keltec went in for repairs more than the ruger but I never had a problem with it jamming. If you looking for a gun to fit anywhere go for it, you might not want to go plinking with it though, it's just not comfortable.
Matthew

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads