Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shipping on a gun?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Ttuck, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So in the next week i am going to send in my shotgun for some warranty repair. I was wondering whats the average cost of shipping a shot gun that is 39 inches long and 9 inches from top of sight to bottom of grip. and is 6 1/2 to 7 pounds in weight. The method would be UPS

Any info would be great.

Tyler

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Under Warranty should be free. Make the company send you a shipping label from whatever carrier they use...............

If you really want to know what UPS costs go directly to their site, enter the info you gave us and it will tell you...........

3. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The company doesn't pay for the shipping. I already asked them about that. They only pay for when they send it back if its a warranty repair.

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Well that just sucks as some of the better companies cover both ways.

Shotgun can ship UPS, the big issue will be the box you find to fit everything to ship in, and what you put the shotgun in before it goes into the box and the added weight. Could be $20, could be $75+

5. JSJPDX

JSJPDX East Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

It's going to depend on how they let you ship it, whether it can go ground or next day. I shipped a handgun off for warranty repair and it cost about $80 because it had to go next day air. It went Fedex but that was cheaper than UPS. A long gun may be different but the handgun had to go next day because I am not a dealer.

6. davemata

davemata Spokane, WA Well-Known Member

Last time I shipped a rifle I used USPS, sent it to Ruger. Had to make a custom box at home which was easy, but I think it cost me $12.50 from USPS after insurance and signature on delivery.

That was from Boston to Ruger though.