JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rented a CZ 75B today at a local range as I'm in the market for a 9mm. I'd never shot one, before but had previously held one and liked the ergonomics. The pistol was a pleasure to shoot, felt great, tight groups, etc... My buddy and I were both so impressed that by the time we'd emptied a magazine each we we're wondering if we could get a deal somewhere if each bought one. Then my friend, after taking a shot and readying for the next, noticed the sheared-off slide stop laying on the lane table!

There was a range employee right there who more or less witnessed it and helped us out... his comment was that the pistol probably had 50,000 round through it, so not that surprising. However, I was talking to the same guy earlier who told me I should try their CZ P-01 too, but it was in the currently in the shop because of... a broken slide stop!

Doing a quick search it looks like this might be an issue with CZ...

I loved the ergonomics and accuracy, but need reliability... no way to recover, save going to another weapon, from a broken slide stop. This would not be a primary carry weapon for me, but I personally am not interested in owning target/range only pistols... has to work when I need it to.

What does the community here think?

Slide stops are wear and tear parts on many guns.
Glocks are notorious for shearing slide stops but people still buy them because the slide stop is cheap and easy to replace, but most importantly, it doesnt effect the reliability of the weapon. The part is a nicety, but not essential to operate the weapon. At least, the part that shears off isn't essential to the weapon.

Don't let something like this scare you off of a good and reliable weapon.

You show me a gun, and i'll show you a part that will fail eventually.

I see nothing about this on the CZ forum and specifically 75 sub forums. Having just found that site last night, I cannot believe how big a base of fans this manufacturer has -- and particularly the 75 series.

Please forgive me if I don't understand but if I was shooting a gun that might have 50,000 rounds through it and the only problem was a sheared slide stop, I would be more than pleased with its reliability. Now you got me wanting a CZ.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

lets say 9mm ammo was $10 for 50 rnds, & you finally got around to shooting $10,000 worth of ammo through the gun, you might need to buy a $10 part?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top