JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am helping to set up a youth archery range and am building targets out of used carpet. I have called around to the local carpet folks who sell and install carpet, asking if they could supply me with used carpet they tear out before their installs. No one has had any interest in helping. Their claim is that when they pull it out they take it right to the dump. I offered to be there with a tuck and take it off their hands instead but apparently it would be too much of a hassle for them. I have ads on craigslist, no bites. I guess I'm just a little taken aback by the lack of support in the community. I figured I could save someone the dump fees and they could help a local cause reaching out to the youth of our community.

Any ideas on where to source some old carpeting? If you happen to have some laying around and aren't too far away I would gladly come take it off your hands. If you have any leads on use carpet I would greatly appreciate it. We are hopping to have this small indoor range together before the weather gets too bad.....

Thank you - Egan

Well, I don't know if this would work for your indoor range, but you can try what I did for my outdoor range:

I got six bales of regular straw (not the compressed type), stacked them horizontally, then sank in some rebar (out of the target area) to hold the bales together. I then backed the bales with a 3/4" thick horse stall mat. Behind the mat I drove in five metal T-posts to hold the mat against the bales. It works really well.

Thanks guy.

Got it all lined up today to get more carpet than I could ever need.

The carpet targets are by far the most durable homemade targets......look'em up. They rock

here
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
your welcome... :s0155:

edit:.. man I am bored today,,

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show