Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Senate Vote CSPAN2 taking place Gun Leg NOW 8:19

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by DMax, Apr 11, 2013.

1. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

2. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Yep, and some of the spineless republicans jumped ship and blocked the fillsbuster. Merkley is up for reelection next year, we need him out of office.

68 aye, 31 nay. Disgusting display of underhanded backroom political bullbubblegum.

DMax, bill97024, speeddemon94 and 5 others like this.
  3. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

They got 60 votes going forward.

4. speeddemon94

speeddemon94 The Rogue Well-Known Member

Say bye bye...I will be shocked if they don't get everything they want and even some extra at this point.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

68 aye votes. Reid is thanking McCain. Turned it off at that point.

6. Norm0931

"The parents of Newtown represent every citizen in America" ...wow, just wow.

Traitor Republicans: Burr(NC), McCain(AZ), Isakson(GA), Chambliss(GA), Ayotte(NC), Collins(ME), Heller(NV), Wicker(MS), Hoeven(ND), Graham(SC), Alexander(TN), Corker(TN), Toomry(PA), Flake(AZ), Kirk(IL), Coburn(OK)

Democrats who voted against: Pryor(AR), Begich(AK)

7. speeddemon94

I'm not seeing the Kool Aid dispenser, they must keep it at the back of the room. If this is not enough proof that the government is completely broken, I don't know what is.

1 person likes this.
  8. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

Well with the fillibuster broken, and the billl open to ammedment, Reid has just tacked on the 'assault weapon' and 'magazine restriction' ammendments and they'll be coming up for a vote as part of the bill. Douche.

Oh boy, Reid just said "babies being shot!"

Watching this live is turning my stomach.

Thirtycal

9. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

My understanding this is to open the debate on firearms on the senate floor and does not actually inact any laws at this point- it does not guarantee anything except the debate - or am I wrong?

James Ruby

By the way, I support the debate - that is what our senate is to do.

10. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Correct

11. Norm0931

Kind of. In theory, yes. The problem is not all the upcoming votes will require a 3/5 majority. They can pass parts with a simple 51/49 majority.

12. JGRuby

I dont understand "Kind of. In theory, yes." It is my understanding that there are no laws that have been passed today on this subject in the senate.
    Actually pretty simple - all that has been agreed to is a debate. Yet everyone is acting like thier best friend died.

James Ruby

13. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

The only reason to debate something is if there is a possibility that you could vote yes on it. 31 have no reason to debate anything because no matter what they come up with, its getting a no vote. Good for them.

14. JGRuby

Or to show that they supported the discussion / debate so that for the next election you can say that you took place in that discussion and found it was the wrong direction for the country. There is such thing as a political agenda and the senators realize that by not bringing this to debate they are being viewed by those in the middle as not being cooperative. It is my beleif that John Q Pulic wants this debated. I understand the far right does not. The far right and the progressives are minorities when it comes to overall voting in this country.

James Ruby

15. beavertonbuck

beavertonbuck Beaverton Active Member

At lot of the political chatter is that the Rebuplicans want a vote so they get Democrats on record for when it comes reelection time. Coming from the South I see a few Senators from TN, MS, GA on that list that a vote on a bill like this would be death to the career.

I don't like it and its dangerous to assume that things will not shift and somehow get thru the Senate and the House. Lots of times the leadership of both parties will give permission to its members to go ahead and vote against a bill that is put forth to show that they are representing their constituents even if it means going against their own party. In the case they are going to need every vote they can get to push this through and therefore everyone is expected to toe the party line.

16. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Now all of the $30 PMAGS are gonna be $100 again:(

1 person likes this.
  17. speeddemon94

If that is the case then why is it that the majority disproves of how the POTUS is handling gun control? Sorry, the majority of the people dont want it discussed. The majority of the sheeple do.

Maybe at the very beginning there was a knee jerk reaction, and people thought about it, but now the majority of people see that the government is trying to eventually take them all away.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. JGRuby

Can you prove that the majority doesnt want this debated? I think you are wrong - this a very popular issue in the united states today considering the activities in the last six months. They maybe sheeple but they are voters wether you like it or not. Senators and parties need voters. Name calling gets you no where.

James Ruby

19. speeddemon94

And pretending that people would like their Rights stripped further will get you nowhere.

A mainstream liberal media poll has the POTUS disapproval rating on gun control at 52% against. The fact that it was reported means there is likely a bit of significance. I'm sure the state run media did not like having to put that story out.

The left has also been caught in innumerable lies and number fabrication trying to further the anti gun agenda. Really? 90% of NRA members want stronger BGCs? Not a chance.

Not to mention I have spoken to many people who do not own guns and vote democrat who disagree with the current legislation. It's common sense, the majority of the people want no further control, but the majority of the elected officials do. These jackwagons are not representing the people of this country anymore, strictly their own interests and jobs.

duane black and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Barefoot African

Barefoot African Saint Helens Oregon Active Member