JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EDITED TO ADD: NO ACTION ON THESE BILLS YET, AFTER HEARING TESTIMONY ON THE BILLS LAST FRIDAY SOME COMMITTEE MEMBERS REQUESTED ADDITIONAL AMENDMENTS THAT AREN'T READY YET. NEXT DATE FOR A "WORK SESSION" (VOTE) WILL BE NEXT TUESDAY, APRIL 16th (changed from what was announced in the meeting today). IF THEY ARE UNABLE TO DO IT THAT DAY IT WILL GET ROLLED OVER TO THE NEXT DAY AND SO ON, EVERY MEETING UNTIL THEY'RE READY TO VOTE.

Hi all,

I'm sitting here in HR 343 at the Capitol building, 0810. Not many folks yet, just Kevin Starrett and I plus some folks for SB 40... OSP was discussing how there was a huge crowd last Friday and wondering if there would be a similar crowd today.

More as things go along.

0830... some committee members are starting to show up. A couple elderly ladies from Ceasefire Oregon just sat down next to me. Should be interesting when they glance at my computer and see the website I'm on....

The room is full at 32 spectators, OSP is directing folks to the viewing lobby downstairs. It's entertaining overhearing the Ceasefire ladies talk about the bills and how "crazy" it is that anyone would feel the need to carry a gun.

Hearing is starting now.

Sound should be on now...

SB 40 will not be heard today, paperwork isn't ready.

Our bills, the "gun safety" regulations won't be heard today, amendments based on the testimony from last Friday aren't ready. They are now set for a work session next Monday, April 15th; "no guarantee that these bills will be heard" on that day.

And that's that for today.

The room is full at 32 spectators, OSP is directing folks to the viewing lobby downstairs. It's entertaining overhearing the Ceasefire ladies talk about the bills and how "crazy" it is that anyone would feel the need to carry a gun.

Hearing is starting now.

Ask them why that is reason to ban guns. They don't need to wear perfume so why not ban that too? After all, some people get sick from exposure to perfume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

Ask them why that is reason to ban guns. They don't need to wear perfume so why not ban that too? After all, some people get sick from exposure to perfume.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

No reason for me to have a contentious side conversation during the hearing, we'd probably get kicked out ;) They're still here even though their bills aren't being heard; one of them is knitting.

Modeler

keep it coming!! and thanks. I'm watching but 622 does not interest me. Think they'll try to sneak it in on us??

No, I doubt it. Next Monday will likely be the day, or the next day, or the day after that....

I left, had other errands to run. Full schedule next week, three days of hearings on gun bills to go to!

Nothing like a couple of blue-haired ner-do-wells living the life off of their dead husbands life insurance benefits that feel the need to impose their slanted view of real life on the rest of us... They should ask the lady who recently fended off her attacker with her CCW if she REALLY feels the need to carry a gun, and they should tell her why she's so "crazy" for doing it....

That would be an interesting conversation, I'd bet.

Looks like they want to make "some" amendments... Translation = They got hit with a Poop Storm and want to keep their jobs

With all the problems in the world, why would they want to create some where none exists in beyond me.

If Sen Roblan is half a nice as the female assistant that took my call, we may have a chance

She seemed to think he is leaning towards 700.

So we'd have to run back ground checks on friends we're had for 30 years to sell him/her a gun, for bad guys, it's just business as usual..

Sen Kruse wrote me back and said he's defend the 2a and vote against the gun bill

I also got the impression that Roblan was voting yes on 700.

That is also the impression I've had. One possible interpretation of the delay for amendments is that he's agreed to support one or more of the bills if certain changes are made. That's only speculation, and I have no knowledge of any of this. It could be that Sen. Dingfelder demanded some change and that her changes will make Sen. Roblan vote against it; who knows.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top