JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a Gen 3 17L that I am a big fan of but it is just a little too big for my small hands. I have a gen 4 G26 and just picked up a G34. I will probably sell the 26 to replace what I paid for the 34 and I am condering a 19 for winter carry. I really like having a 17L because it is different but I have to admit that Gen 4s fit better. Thoughts? Oh and I can order the the 34 blue label.

MOS... Are you actually going to put an RMR on it? Cause if not, there's no point.
Personally, even if I was going to use a RMR, I'd get a non-MOS model and send it to ATEi and have them mill the slide. They will take your RMR that you've either sent them, or bought from them, and mill the slide specifically for that RMR. The fit is so tight, you don't really even need to screw it into the slide to be secure.

Yes and I was shown recently that a milled slide mounts the sight significantly lower too. The MOS fills the milled area with the adapter plate and then the sight on top of that. plus more screws to loosen.

No Glocks with a reflex Red dot optic, Glock makes M.O.S. (I think Modular Optical System) in several models including the G-17, G-19, and G-40 and maybe more. But you can get any regular model new or old milled. Some advantages to the MOS are four different adapter plates to put one of about eight different reflex sights on the gun so they could be switched out (Not likely for me, too expensive) and the gun can be returned to 'normal'

To me, the benefit of the 34/17L is increased sight radius. However, the trade-off is size (of course). If you're going to be installing an RMR on the pistol, I see little benefit in going with one of the long-slide Glocks since the red dot makes sight radius a non-issue. I'd get a 17/19MOS... or better yet get the slide milled to mount the RMR a bit lower. Just my two cents.

To me, the benefit of the 34/17L is increased sight radius. However, the trade-off is size (of course). If you're going to be installing an RMR on the pistol, I see little benefit in going with one of the long-slide Glocks since the red dot makes sight radius a non-issue. I'd get a 17/19MOS... or better yet get the slide milled to mount the RMR a bit lower. Just my two cents.

The 34 also comes with a lighter trigger like 17L which I really like. There is also a touch more velocity from the longer barrel. You can get co-witness sights and still take advantage of the longer sight radius. But I do see your point. I have thought about getting my 17L milled but since it doesn't fit my hand perfect it may not be the best idea. The 17L is also starting to become semi collectible so there is that to consider.

A Gen 4 MOS 19 with a threaded or extended barrel to swap in would be a pretty need idea.

Be like me and own them all. Then you can find out when you go shoot what you like. But I agree with the above from SevenSicksTwo

I have been trying to keep to a certain amount of useful weapons. Kind of a minimalist kick for now. So 43 for carry and some type of full-size for a practical side arm. I do see the value in having a 19 as well for winter carry. I am starting to think that a G19 could be set up to cover both jobs and still be carried.

The 34 also comes with a lighter trigger like 17L which I really like. There is also a touch more velocity from the longer barrel. You can get co-witness sights and still take advantage of the longer sight radius. But I do see your point. I have thought about getting my 17L milled but since it doesn't fit my hand perfect it may not be the best idea. The 17L is also starting to become semi collectible so there is that to consider.

A Gen 4 MOS 19 with a threaded or extended barrel to swap in would be a pretty need idea.

Swapping the stock connector for an OEM minus connector would be easy enough if you're worried about the difference in the trigger pull. Keep in mind that a Gen 4 will generally tend to have a heavier trigger pull due to changes in trigger geometry compared to a Gen 3 though.

If you're intrigued by the idea of a threaded/RMR'd 19, google the "Roland Special".

The Roland looks pretty sweet but may be over kill for me. I think I could get by with a G19 MOS,- connector, suppressor sights, and a red dot. The comp seems a little much for 9mm.

I did price checking today and buying a milled slide that is ready to go, is nearly as expensive as a whole new gun. I can buy a new MOS and the RMR for $200 or so of the Slide and RMR

Those glock 17L go for a premium on the used market as well so selling it wouldn't be a problem. I like how they taper the front slide on the 34 like the sub compact guns

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads