JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just trying to get some opinions. I bought a Kahr CW9 a year or two ago. At the time, I would have really liked to have bought the PM9, but I could not justify, nor afford, the added cost. With the release of the much more cost effective CM9, I am a bit torn I what I should do. I could:

A: Sell the CW9 and buy the CM9. I am a bit hesitant to do this because I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of trying to sell the CW9. It might not sell all that easily. And if I could sell it, I am sure that it would still leave me with a substantial deficit for buying a new CM9.

B: Keep the CW9 and do the "covert" mod to it where you cut part of the handle off to accept the PM9 mags. I am very hesitant to do this because I would be hacking up a perfectly good frame. Also, the cost of new mags might be the same as the difference from selling my CW9.

C: Just keep what I have got, unaltered. And then continue to drool over the new CM9.

What would you do?

(I will go ahead and nix the answer of "keep the CW9 and buy the CM9".... That is definitely NOT and option.)

They are functionally the same and also caliber.

If you want something that is prettier, perhaps something that isn't a Kahr?

I personally find even the basic CW Kahr beautiful. Basic in shape, fit my hand well, and work awesome.

Do what you wish, but sounds like to me.. You are attempting to justify spending more money. There is nothing wrong with it, if it want it.. Do it.

I really wouldn't cut the CW to fit other mags though. That is more a personal preference type thing and would potentially ruin its resale value.

I guess I forgot to mention why I wanted a PM9 when I bought my CW9 and want a CM9 now. It isn't because the PM9 was prettier and it definitely isn't because I want to spend money. I really want the smaller size. The CM9 is significantly smaller than the CW9 and I think it would fit my needs better (I am skinny and odd shaped for CC, so any size reduction would be good). The "covert" mod on my CW9 would get me half way to the smaller size.

Based on your comments it sounds like you should sell the CW9 and buy the CM9. It can be a hassle to sell the one and then go and buy the other but it sounds like the CM9 fits your needs/desires in a small handgun better. For what it's worth I went through the same dilemma recently bu went ahead with the selling of one gun and the purchase of another and I am glad I made the switch.

I didn't read any of the comments before I posted...

For me, I think the CW9 is the PERFECT daily carry gun. I had one, sold it, bought a P9, sold that and bought a M&P Shield. And now I'm torn between keeping my shield and getting a CW9 again. I so badly regret selling that P9. That is one I wish I could get back.

For me.. the CW9 is the perfect size, width, weight, everything. The shield has basically two lengths, one is just a smidge short, and the other is just a smidge long and the CW9 falls into the perfect length right between them.

I think if you offered it up for sale, it would sell pretty easily for $300-$350.

I know I didn't exactly answer your question, but hopefully my input will help.