JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Please delete

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Last Edited:
got the same one from my grandpa, fun little gun. yours is in great shape

GLWS!
Thank you! They're are very cool guns.

I forgot to mention that the previous owner did drill about a 1/2" hole in the buttstock for what I would presume a sling ought to go through. It's a clean and small hole but it is there... Kinda weird thing to do but people are weird.

I had one in about 1965. Shot the heck out of that thing for a few years. It held three 12 gauge rounds and was a bit clunky due to it being the 12 gauge with a 5'' variable choke on the end of the barrel.
I liked the 16 gauge much more for the slimmer fit, but made the mistake of needing a 12 gauge no matter how awkward.
Very Reasonable price for a door gun, that shot gun sports a walnut stock and could be a great youth starter gun for practice or for use in the field hunting. Who wants to cut down the stock on an old Rem. 870 or Win. mod 12, for a youth still growing into there body.
Silver Hand

I had one in about 1965. Shot the heck out of that thing for a few years. It held three 12 gauge rounds and was a bit clunky due to it being the 12 gauge with a 5'' variable choke on the end of the barrel.
I liked the 16 gauge much more for the slimmer fit, but made the mistake of needing a 12 gauge no matter how awkward.
Very Reasonable price for a door gun, that shot gun sports a walnut stock and could be a great youth starter gun for practice or for use in the field hunting. Who wants to cut down the stock on an old Rem. 870 or Win. mod 12, for a youth still growing into there body.
Silver Hand

Thank you Silver Hand. I recently had a sale fall through because the potential buyer thought that it was an unsafe firearm due to the recall placed on 12 gauge versions of these that were built in the 90s. It's unfortunate that the recall tarnished the name of this firearm.

For extra info the recall was on a bolt screw to my knowledge. The bolt was reported to slide back upon firing but my guess is that people weren't locking the bolt all the way forward.

I have the same gun in 16ga. The bolt screw is a stop to keep the bolt from coming out. It must be removed to remove the bolt for cleaning & repairs. From what I learned about the recall a man was shooting a 12ga. without the bolt stop screw. (or it fell out???) He pulled the bolt back to eject a shell and the bolt came out and hit him in the eye. He sued Sears and won. Sears recalled the 12ga. guns.

Don't know if that is true or not. But I heard it on the internet....

I like my 16ga. JC Higgins bolt gun well enough I've bought a few more Sears shotguns. Not great, but fun guns for the money.

Don

I have the same gun in 16ga. The bolt screw is a stop to keep the bolt from coming out. It must be removed to remove the bolt for cleaning & repairs. From what I learned about the recall a man was shooting a 12ga. without the bolt stop screw. (or it fell out???) He pulled the bolt back to eject a shell and the bolt came out and hit him in the eye. He sued Sears and won. Sears recalled the 12ga. guns.

Don't know if that is true or not. But I heard it on the internet....

I like my 16ga. JC Higgins bolt gun well enough I've bought a few more Sears shotguns. Not great, but fun guns for the money.

Don

That sounds about right. At this rate this shotgun will probably be converted into a cheap truck gun for me. I'll probably cable lock the buttstock in case someone tries to come inside for my stuff. I doubt some punk would be able to do much with a "rarity" such as a 16 gauge bolt action shotgun. However, it would make a very effective shtf firearm as I can load shells and launch lead like the terminator ;)

with all this being said, since 946 has passed I do not wish to sell this firearm anymore. It's a waste of my time to have to travel to a ffl, pay the fee, and sell this along with having the state catalog a record of this. I'm going to keep this bad boy for myself. It'll make an excellent truck shotgun.

Thank you for your interest.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.