JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any divers (former or current) out there? I'm looking for a local service tech for Mares regs...and I'm just interested in connecting with other SCUBA guys.

Also, let's just throw out a random topic: Mares, Scuba Pro, or Ocianic...or others....?
-Scuba Pro (metal parts, higher quality, one of the better quality reg that are locally serviceable in Vancouver)
-Ocianic (everybody sells them since they're cheap. Disadvantage: plastic parts, light quality, etc. Advantage: easy to find a tech since every body sells them)
-Mares I love mine--kinda like a Porsche: Super nice, but hard to find local centers to service and parts are more expensive.

Also let's throw out the topic of Drysuits: Materials, brands, advantages, disadvantages...?

Dived professionally for around 20 years, doing dam cleanouts, bridge inspections, demolition, body recovery, vehicle recovery and more. Don't dive much anymore except when the wife and I go on vacation.

Equipment has advanced much, looking at the prices, they have also.

I take my hat off to you...that's a lot of years of experience and a lot of wisdom.

Yes, there have been a lot of advances...but to be honest, I was looking at my four regs last night and decided my favorite design was the simplistic and bomb-proof Sherwood Magnum. Mine is at least 35 years old and I finally realized my second stage needs to be retired--but I think the design is amazing! So simple and hardy! My first stage is still going strong!

Oddly enough, I have the opposite problem...I have two drysuits and I'm too small for either! I'm trying to find a drysuit for a little guy 5'7" and 130lbs.

I am advanced open water certified, and going to be taking rescue diver class this next term at OSU. Then applying for a brand new scientific research diving program at OSU. Let me know if you or anyone wants to go out for a dive sometime. Please let me know a week in advance, since I have half of the equipment and have to rent the rest out of Eugene - skin divers. I would be down with going anywhere in Oregon or up to the Puget sound where I have been certified at Mikes resort on the hood canal. Great place for night dives, deep - 100 foot dive but really enjoy 40 - 70 foot dives. Would love someone to show me the octopus hole on the hood canal. you can leave me a message on here or text at 612-366-76237. Mark
Great thread and good to see it on here.

I had to give up Scuba because I simply couldn't afford it anymore! Anyone need any top notch gear? I have some great stuff that I'd be willing to let go for dirt cheap because.......hell I just don't dive! I have a drysuit, BC, and reg. BC and reg were completely serviced by Underwater Works in Tigard including all new seals and packing in 2011, and I have not dove since then. Top notch gear.

I had to give up Scuba because I simply couldn't afford it anymore! Anyone need any top notch gear? I have some great stuff that I'd be willing to let go for dirt cheap because.......hell I just don't dive! I have a drysuit, BC, and reg. BC and reg were completely serviced by Underwater Works in Tigard including all new seals and packing in 2011, and I have not dove since then. Top notch gear.
send me a pm or call me at 612-366-7237.

I'm looking for a backwing BC. I also have a bran new Diamond shell suit with SiTech valves I'll sell for $400. It's never even touched water. Size medium.

Yeah I do a decent amount of diving. Check my website listed in my sig line or my FB, https://www.facebook.com/john.nokes.965
Very cool, I have a few travel trips coming up and school starts on the 1st of april. Yet I am planning on having plastic surgery on fixing my broken noses that is 8 years old, so Im a bit worried since that will be in the first week of may, on how long it will take for recovery to be able to dive. Anyone have any knowledge on time after a broken nose surgery and diving. I would not be planning any deep dives over 70 feet for a bit. Any suggestions would help...thanks,
Mark

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top