JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Spokane Valley
State
Washington
Okay, folks, been looking for a Mossberg MVP Scout forever, but im finding them impossible to find and/or shall we say...overvalued? Plus over the course of my research ive been reading some unnerving things about bolt and firing pin spring issues with the MVP series across the board. So ive switched gears after doing a deep dive on the Savage 110 Scout Rifle, (missed one at a local Pawnshop by a WEEK, dang it), just putting out feelers if anyone over by Spokane (or within an hour or so) has one theyre looking to get rid of. I might even still give that Mo'Berg a day in court, but itll be a tough sell. Rugers are a hard "maybe". So basically: Savage 110 Scout? YES. Ruger Scout? Mayyyyybe. Mossberg MVP Scout? Only if the price is right. Gimme a shout. Thanks in advance, yall...

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Okay, folks, been looking for a Mossberg MVP Scout forever, but im finding them impossible to find and/or shall we say...overvalued? Plus over the course of my research ive been reading some unnerving things about bolt and firing pin spring issues with the MVP series across the board. So ive switched gears after doing a deep dive on the Savage 110 Scout Rifle, (missed one at a local Pawnshop by a WEEK, dang it), just putting out feelers if anyone over by Spokane (or within an hour or so) has one theyre looking to get rid of. I might even still give that Mo'Berg a day in court, but itll be a tough sell. Rugers are a hard "maybe". So basically: Savage 110 Scout? YES. Ruger Scout? Mayyyyybe. Mossberg MVP Scout? Only if the price is right. Gimme a shout. Thanks in advance, yall...
Just picked a Ruger scout last weekend in 5.56 and would highly recommend it if it's anything like the .308

Just picked a Ruger scout last weekend in 5.56 and would highly recommend it if it's anything like the .308
I like the Ruger Scout, I really do. My only-est issue is mags. I originally was drawn to the Mossberg because of its magazine versatility. The Savage takes the AICS mags, and there's about a half-dozen manufacturers including MagPul. Im reading now that the AICS mags will work in the Ruger Scout. If I can get a confirmation on that, id be a lot more open to getting the Ruger...

I like the Ruger Scout, I really do. My only-est issue is mags. I originally was drawn to the Mossberg because of its magazine versatility. The Savage takes the AICS mags, and there's about a half-dozen manufacturers including MagPul. Im reading now that the AICS mags will work in the Ruger Scout. If I can get a confirmation on that, id be a lot more open to getting the Ruger...
I was a little disappointed in the mag part of it too, magpul makes them but pmags dont fit the magwell.
They seem to be $25-30 a mag unfortunately

I like both the 110 and the Ruger Scout. Have had both in .308. Ruger wasn't quite as smooth in bolt cycling (not bad at all, though). The extraction, safety, and disassembly were nicer on the Ruger. There's nothing it wouldn't extract in my experience.

If I had to pick up another, it'd probably be the Ruger scout.

In 308? There is (well perhaps was) one in the forum not too long ago. And it was well priced. The 308 is awesome for the fact that is can use two magazine types. Mine was fairly well made but I needed the money at the time and sold it, I regret that decision.

If I'm 556, I'd go with the Ruger.

In 308? There is (well perhaps was) one in the forum not too long ago. And it was well priced. The 308 is awesome for the fact that is can use two magazine types. Mine was fairly well made but I needed the money at the time and sold it, I regret that decision.

If I'm 556, I'd go with the Ruger.
I love mine in 5.56, heck of a fun rifle to shoot and will kill a lot of yotes one day

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.