JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've only scoped one handgun, but I used a Leupold 2 power. If there's a chance you will be shooting off hand you'll be glad that you have no more magnification than that!

Something is going to be blurry no matter what, even with absolutely perfect vision.. that's the way eyes work.. you can only focus on one thing at a time so wear some specs (I wear 1.25-.50x readers) to bring the front sight into sharp focus.. it's all about literally focusing on the front sight.
A shorter barrel will generally help with this also.
Anyway, good luck.

get the best and clearest 2x you can find,and it will serve you better than a cheaper 4x with less sharpness. I can't recall what I had for brand,but man it was sharp,and everyone who shot it said so.
another way to go would be a ghost/peep sight on the rear with a roomy peep-hole,this forces your eye to focus on the front sight.A scope would be more precise and accurate tho.

This Red Dot has no magnification, but it works really well for me, especially at night on raccoons. Put the red dot between the glowing eyes and squeeze off.

RugerMKIIIb.jpg

I've had different scopes on 14" contenders and if bench shooting they are fine, shooting off hand and for quick target acquisition I like a 2x, my grouse getter Trailside sports a Nikon. I've dabbled with red dots and they are good, but in a hunting situation I don't want something I have to remember to turn on/off. Simple is as simple does.

Thanks for the replys.
My 20/20 vision went away, then cataracks in both eyes. Had Catarack surgery on both eyes but my right eye did not clear up as good as my left eye. So its scopes on everything I own. But at least I'm back to punching holes in paper.
As to shorting the barrels on my handguns, good way for some one to get fingers broken.
Been looking at scopes and red dot sights. Both seam to have plus's and minus. But then a scope don't have a battery that may go dead when you take aim at the biggest buck you ever seen. But then if you keep track of the time on the battery that should not happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top