JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Savage Stealth in .308. 20"barrel and came with a 20moa scope base. I am somewhat new to to this arena and my optics research has my head spinning. So many scopes with so many options out there these days.
Hoping to keep the scope budget under/around $500.
I do want to try for a deer with this gun. That is the goal. Obviously lots of target shooting time will be logged ahead of the hunt. The areas I plan to hunt could require 100-300 yard shots. I have a range near me up to 200 yards but would like a scope I could comfortably take this gun out to 600 on targets. I know guys push these rifles/rounds out to 1000 plus but that's not my ultimate goal here.
That said, I've read a TON onLine about FFP vs SFP and MOA vs MIL but am still not sure which route to take. Vortex and Leupold seem to be at the top of the discussion in my price range.
I don't want to start an argument here on what is 'best', just looking for some real world experience from long range shooters and hunters. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

- Jordan

Also questioning how much stuff is needed on the reticle. Seeing some leupolds with simple crosshairs and some like the vortex EBR2C that have all sorts of stuff going on. Does that ebr2c have too much?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top