JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have used Shepherd Scopes on my other rifles and would like a nice scope for my Savage .22WMR bolt action. What I like is $800. but the gun only cost less than $300. and that pricey of a scope for a 300. dollar gun is hard for me to buy. Leupold, Nikon, Shepherd and typically what I like. Any recommendations for a quality scope for this .22WMR caliber? Thank you

depends on what is rifle setup for, shooting off hand or with bipod.

I shoot off hand most of the time, so I ended up with:

Leupold VX Freedom 1.5 - 4 x20 for Ruger 10/22

Leupold Fx1 4x28 for CZ 455 Lux .22lr

Glass is very clear for lower end scopes and I am happy with it.

IF you can find one, a discontinued Leupold 3x-9x Compact (later called Ultralight) with Adjustable Objective is what I have on my custom Contender .22 WMR.

The AO or any parallax adjustment feature is I believe essential for the WMR, as this cartridge may regularly be employed at ranges from 25-150 yards.

If you DO find one, and don't want it, PM me!

I ran a Bushnell on my last 22 mag. I can't remember the model, but it wasn't one of those cheapies found in a blister package at wally world.

Hawke makes a good one with range marks out to 200 yrds, I've got a Vortex on mine but I had the scope laying around when I bought the rifle.

IF you can find one, a discontinued Leupold 3x-9x Compact (later called Ultralight) with Adjustable Objective is what I have on my custom Contender .22 WMR.

The AO or any parallax adjustment feature is I believe essential for the WMR, as this cartridge may regularly be employed at ranges from 25-150 yards.

If you DO find one, and don't want it, PM me!
Theres a current production 3-9 leupold vx freedom with AO. I have one on my .22wmr.

Theres a current production 3-9 leupold vx freedom with AO. I have one on my .22wmr.

Blocky. Sharp. Shampoo bottle for an eyepiece....jus' ain't the same smooth and graceful best scope Leupold ever made for light rifles.:)

thanks for all the suggestions.... I'm an off-hand shooter - no plans for real purpose at this time... getting older faster than I am getting out to shoot.... appreciate the input

Wait until the gun shows open back up. You can find lots of good used scopes at reasonable prices. I have an old Weaver K4 with fine cross hairs on my Marlin 22 mag. I use it for black birds and starlings out to 100 yards.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top