JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
30C14237-7F96-4C96-BA61-70D49A3FFEB2.jpeg

We're getting the F-15"s from Oregon ANG doing flyovers of all the hospitals in the region tomorrow. They will hit the Beaverton area around 0915.
:s0115: Sound of freedom baby! :s0115:
Makes the progressive!s brain explode.
I used to live right next door to NAS Oceana in VA Beach. I never got tired of those F-18's. Then when they got the Super Hornets......shuuuuuudder. :s0145:

Last Edited:
The engines on an F15 make an F18 sound like mouse farts.
The flightline at Kandahar Airfield was a pretty bubblegumin' place to hang out, whenever I had nothing else to do.
Love the smell of jet fuel in the morning! Smells like... Victory!
Which sure as hell beat the smell of the Poo Pond... o_O
Poo Pond_05.jpg

Last Edited:
People at Harborview are not used to flyovers, and these will likely be lower than the normal local training altitudes. Out of the 43 hospitals I doubt more than 5 regularly see any military aircraft overhead. If people watch and enjoy it, great. If people don't enjoy it, no harm.

People at Harborview are not used to flyovers, and these will likely be lower than the normal local training altitudes. Out of the 43 hospitals I doubt more than 5 regularly see any military aircraft overhead. If people watch and enjoy it, great. If people don't enjoy it, no harm.

Really? Every single one of those hospitals sees military aircraft overhead on a regular basis.

Enough years have gone by that I think this should be declassified by now...
They always warned us not to take pics at the flightline or while flying around on the helos. bubblegum 'em... :rolleyes:

C-5 Galaxy...
C-5 Galaxy.jpg

C-17 Globemaster III...
C-17 Globemaster III.jpg

F-16 Fighting Falcon...
F-16.jpg

UH-1 Iroquois ("Huey")
FOB Apache return_01.jpg

CH-47 Chinook...
Hutal HLZ.01.jpg

MH-60 Blackhawk...
Blackhawk gunner port.1.jpg

Last Edited:
I work near Harborview and there are Coast Guard helicopters around which are not DoD, but not C17's. And who cares? If they aren't impressed then they can go back to whatever it was they were doing.

We're getting the F-15"s from Oregon ANG doing flyovers of all the hospitals in the region tomorrow. They will hit the Beaverton area around 0915.
:s0115: Sound of freedom baby! :s0115:
Makes the progressive!s brain explode.
I used to live right next door to NAS Oceana in VA Beach. I never got tired of those F-18's. Then when they got the Super Hornets......shuuuuuudder. :s0145:

they flew right over my house this morning after finishing in Newberg. Looking forward to the T-birds doing their's later this summer

I saw them over Tacoma yesterday. Cool to see when flying in a pair instead of single.

A10's and a B2 would be really cool, of course some fighters going just below the sound barrier at high speed would be really cool.

But let's take what we can. As for the fuel usage and wear and tear, pilots need flight hours. This can be a great training mission, be at hospital ABC at 1200 hours exactly, then be at hospital XYZ at 1230 hours exactly.

Timing is crucial for air support

I'm partial to A-10's...aka Warthogs!
Love 'em! Watching them do nighttime aerial gunnery practice at the ruins of Tarnak Farms just outside the wire at KAF was so much fun.
Big line of orange fire raining down from the sky, then about 5 seconds later, you hear this huge, guttural belch from the GAU-8 autocannon on board that beast.
So much fun! :s0155::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top