This hand-me-down rifle came with a sucky trigger to suck all. And I know it's not sexy like a "build" rifle or anything, nor did I want to drop in some fancy trigger action that cost more than the rifle.. so I did what anyone would do, especially with one that shoots as well as this one. I checked out utoob and saw that one could fiddle with three screws so I screwed with two.. the rearmost "safety" one was pretty frozen so I left that alone, in the final analysis. It made it kinda better but there was still more creep than a Halloween flick. To put it mildly. After trying some aerosolized graphite, I dabbed some fine grade automobile rubbing compound on the sear engagement and dropped the hammer just a few times.. yep, I'm the man. It's about 3lbs with nary a hint of creep.. code for "crisp". I intend to dry fire it (after dabbing on another molecule of the compound) another 100 times.. then clear/clean it well and use some moly on the whole thing.