JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This hand-me-down rifle came with a sucky trigger to suck all. And I know it's not sexy like a "build" rifle or anything, nor did I want to drop in some fancy trigger action that cost more than the rifle.. so I did what anyone would do, especially with one that shoots as well as this one.
I checked out utoob and saw that one could fiddle with three screws so I screwed with two.. the rearmost "safety" one was pretty frozen so I left that alone, in the final analysis.
It made it kinda better but there was still more creep than a Halloween flick. To put it mildly.
After trying some aerosolized graphite, I dabbed some fine grade automobile rubbing compound on the sear engagement and dropped the hammer just a few times.. yep, I'm the man. It's about 3lbs with nary a hint of creep.. code for "crisp". I intend to dry fire it (after dabbing on another molecule of the compound) another 100 times.. then clear/clean it well and use some moly on the whole thing.

Great just great. I preffered you missing me due to a bad trigger. Now how am I going to pee in your lawn and feel ok that you will likely miss. I find this to be unfair. I am going to sneak in and rub sand all through your guns. Give me a peeing chance.

Just to be safe, do this when your done:

Cock your rifle, and place it on safe. On a carpeted floor, drop it on the recoil pad from about a 20". Hang onto the barrel, just let it slip thru. Now flip the safety off quickly......Hopefully the trigger stays in place and doesn't fire..

Just to be safe, do this when your done:

Cock your rifle, and place it on safe. On a carpeted floor, drop it on the recoil pad from about a 20". Hang onto the barrel, just let it slip thru. Now flip the safety off quickly......Hopefully the trigger stays in place and doesn't fire..
I was just thinking this morning to do that and certainly will now. Thank you. It's still action-out/taken apart.

Well, I got it together today and drop tested it as you said, Velzey.. three times onto concrete and then taking off the safety hard and fast. No problems.
With actual lube (I went with regular Rem-Oil before assembly instead of moly), it's incredible how good the trigger is now.

Which rubbing compound? I have found a world of difference between "fine" Turtle Wax and fine DuPont. Some times my rouge stick is still too coarse....
I hear you. I used (see pic). I also have some coarser grit Turtle Wax "scratch remover" or something automotive rubbing compound.. I believe that's red in color. I also have J-B bore cleaning compound (about 1200 grit) and thought that too rough so didn't use it. I also have many hard crayon-like polishing compound sticks that I use for stropping knives and such.
I just chose what I used 'cause I liked the matrix or consistency of the carrier and felt that it was pretty fine grit. I understand it's 2500 grit. Zen thing.
th?&id=JN.SNInLke3Z4fjR39vHbCKCg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads