JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$650
Manufacturer
Savage
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Ridgefield
State
Washington
Zip Code
I bought this firearm new in about 1962. I shot a few crows and squirrels back then but haven't shot it much since. It's in excellent condition with only minor mars on the stock and the bluing is very good. Both bores are bright and no pits. This is an older model with the side latch used to change chambers. The action is tight as to be expected for a low round count firearm. It has no serial number as it is pre-68. The original "hanging tag" comes with it.

IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0792.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
A model 24 was the first gun I ever bought myself. I was maybe 12 years old. I found it in a black powder shop in Springfield, OR where they had taken it in on trade. I had to have my aunt buy it due to my age but man...I sure loved that gun! GLWS!!!

Selling a firearm I have owned for over 55 years is a mixture of nostalgia, remorse and melancholy. But I can't take it with me.

I hear ya. I have been an avid hunter and gun guy my entire life. I don't have kids and my nieces and nephews don't hunt. The ones I have inherited will likely go to cousins or similar when my time comes but the others....I don't know. I'll either sell them ahead of time and take a trip somewhere warm or maybe leave them to an organization that sponsors youth hunts or something. I'm only 46 but I think about it a few times a year. lol

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.