JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thumbs way up!

Damn fun little rifle. Now all I can think is why I never got a 17hmr earlier. Talk about zero recoil.

I tested 7 different ammo varieties. 10 shot groups all at 50 yards. Smallest group was just at about .5" largest was around 1.5".

Scope mounted is a Leupold vx2 3-9x50.

If I did a little more on my end, I'd imagine I could get these tighter. Some of these were looking great until I pulled one or two.

The top contenders were all CCI loads.

1st place was CCI green 16 grain TNT HP
2nd was CCI 17 grain VMAX. Would of took first had I not pulled two one high one low.
3rd place and this stuff was consistent out to 100 and 250 yards, CCI 20 grain FMJ.

Only one ammo, Winchester Varmint HV did really bad. All others were essentially a ragged hole plus or minus my suckage.

Color me impressed!

8F55A199-CB2A-48EB-BE71-FE75983D2F4A.jpeg 63396519-11C9-45D1-A2FD-38D04AFA7851.jpeg

They are crazy accurate in my experience. I would almost rather have it over my 10/22
With butler creeks 25 round mag for the savage a17 it makes it a good contender to replace a 10/22.

Took this guy out again to confirm zero with new ammo I picked up a case of for really cheap.

Also shot it with my finally, 18 month wait, Rugged Oculus.

I put back to back 10 round groups in a quarter size hole with it 50 yards. I think the silencer helped my groups get even tighter.

Then proceeded to take two squirrels that were pulling Darwin awards near where I was shooting. One body shot at 70ish yards. Another got a head shot at around 50.

Not much, but a little squirrel meat for the freezer.

Looking online, it appears they stopped making a 16" version. I wonder why, this guy is stupid accurate.

Wish Bulter or someone made a 25 rnd mag for the B-17. The A-17 mag does not fit.
Rat season is upon us. Enjoy
Should. This used the same 10 round mag as the A17. I was planning on buying the 25 round butler creek mag for mine.

With butler creeks 25 round mag for the savage a17 it makes it a good contender to replace a 10/22.

Reno, since you are talking A17 now, I'd like to post some targets from mine. I actually replaced my 10-22, after using my A17 for just a short time:
DKyCS5b.jpg

Oh, here's how my 93R17 shoots too. This was shot at a local turkey shoot last year and won a turkey :D
BDo7IcK.jpg
The 17HMR is extremely accurate and works great on small critters like sage rats and ground squirrels.

I'm digging the 17 for sure. Mine likes a couple of different ammos which I'm happy about. It freaking loves the CCI stuff.

If they made a FVSR A17 I'd likely get that too. You are spot on as these don't compare at all to 10-22 typical accuracy. They are a far greater hunting rifle than the plonked based 10-22.

Mine is their B17. Which isn't the 93R. It's a newer bolt action. Takes the A17 rotary mag. Other than that and a new stock. I'm sure it's still a 93R.

I'll snap a picture as I need to clean it after yesterday.

Each time I take this guy out I get some squirrels!

I should start notching the stock lol.

Easily becoming one of my favorite rifles.