JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have only 15 rounds into my 17hmr. Noticed the first time I loaded the clip I had a hard time getting the first round to chamber then no problems with the follow-up rounds, second time I loaded clip same problem and third time also. But now the fourth time I loaded the clip it now ejects all the rounds when I put it into the gun. Tried putting it in with the bolt closed then open and it did the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem. I have noticed that the clip seems to have some movement up and down when it is locked into the gun.

Have you heard the joke about horses? I have trouble with my 17 also. Work with the metal strap that the mag rides on. Bend it a little, either way, to get the round to feed better.

I have the same problem with a couple of mags for the Savage 17. It will usually work OK if I push the mag up when chambering but I have to slide the cartridge back against the rear of the mag. It appears that the mag is loose in the well and the nose of the bullet is jamming against the bottom of the feed ramp. I've been tempted to try a little 'reforming' of the mag to try to fix it, but I haven't had the time yet.

elsie

My factory 5-round mag seems to feed fine, but the aftermarket 10-round mags I bought can be a little finicky. But they aren't made by Savage, and not a huge problem, so I'm not going to sweat it right now.

I have about 450 rounds thru my 93R17 and I don’t have any problems with my magazine, and I’ve never heard of the problem till this thread. Are you pushing the mag into the mag well with your fingers as close to the mag rail as you can? It should slide in straight and smooth and work perfectly.