JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Title might be confusing, but i'm curious whether a SAO trigger pull has any inherent benefits over a DA/SA pistol being shot with the hammer already back (being shot in SA).

Reason I ask is that I have a CZ Shadow 2 that I use for USPSA. I shoot it in limited class so I start with the hammer back and safety on. I have wet dreams about getting a Tac Sport Orange (which is SAO), but the Shadow 2 is such a near perfect pistol that I can't justify dropping another $1600 on an additional race gun. I know the logical answer is to sell the Shadow 2 and buy a TSO, but I'm not the kind of person who can part with a CZ (it's my mental illness, so for the purposes of this thread consider it not to be an option).

Would I see any benefit to the SA trigger pull if I converted it to SAO from DA/SA? Is there any mechanical benefit to the SAO? Shorter reset, take up or pull? Is SAO inherently more crisp for some reason that DA/SA being shot in SA?

Again, shooting this pistol from hammer down (DA) isn't part of my consideration here, as that isn't required ever for my intended use for this pistol.

Curious for feedback...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top