JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Always a glutton for humiliation and potential injury, I'm thinking of building my own AK.

Do any of you know an AK build party in my area?

Or can you point me toward someone who might?

I'm an absolute beginner at this, don't have the tools, don't have the knowledge, etc...

Thanks~!

Following. I have the tools, but would prefer the guidance of someone with experience. I'm in Portland btw. I'm interested in a build party of ANY kind, and just want to learn the ropes of building firearms.

That's sort of where I'm at too. Minus the tools.

Just being able to build anything that won't strip my face off would awesome...

I am currently, as I type this, coveting a Yugo M70 kit and would enjoy building it myself. I'm in the Portland-area also but have reliable transportation. If the party was to happen, I would make all the necessary moves to keep the date.
:s0069:

Here's a relatively recent post about AK building, and a couple commenters mention their experience with building: Is anyone here interested in building an AK?

(sorry for the bit of thread necromancy)
My Father in Law, partner and I would all be very interested in something like this. Well once we finish our AR's at least. Maybe a group buy on Flats and parts kits ? I've built an AK from a flat before but I am nowhere near qualified to do it again without help.

Now I am not a lawyer but I do recall that build parties can be illegal and end up with the host being classified by those wacky guys at F-Troop as a manufacturer. (For more information see https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2015-1-manufacturing-and-gunsmithing/download )

I suspect it would be ok as long as we aren't renting a shop or the tools from anyone. Once again though I am not a lawyer. Also, recently InRange TV did a CETME-L build video where they obviously where using a loaner tools at a shop to no ill effect. Maybe someone else knows a little more about how it works post Ruling 2015-1?

I'm interested, too, especially if we're bending and welding flats. I'd also be interested in a build party for any of the HK G3 / MP5 platforms. I don't have much for tools or workspace to contribute, but I have a fair amount of knowledge of the AR platform and I'd be happy to trade on that (I know, that's in abundance around here:D). I really just enjoy learning and building stuff!

Following. I have the tools, but would prefer the guidance of someone with experience. I'm in Portland btw. I'm interested in a build party of ANY kind, and just want to learn the ropes of building firearms.

So you have a brake, hydraulic press, drill press, barrel press kit, AK rivet tool (plinker jig), & trigger guard riveting Jig?

So you have a brake, hydraulic press, drill press, barrel press kit, AK rivet tool (plinker jig), & trigger guard riveting Jig?

If they didn't have those tools then, they've had almost 2 years to get them..............

necro.jpg

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews