JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a good holster that is QLS compatible and fits a 2.0 compact with an Inforce APLc light and optic. I have looked, but I don't know who is good. This is my first OWB holster. I would also prefer one of those thumb lock retention things. What are your guys suggestions?

Just some general comments...

Safariland makes a good product...that they tend to think VERY highly of, given their prices. I am not a fan of their rotating hood systems (SLS). Their hoods are manual which makes for a slower draw...which may be a plus if you're a LEO and retention is a primary concern. But this is not me. YMMV.

I love their ALS (only) rigs (their "thumb lock retention thing"). And an OTD Nub Mod (google) is worth the $25 for a better contact point. The QLS system is worth it. You'll probably want some type of quick attach/detach system for all your guns/holsters. They are wonderfully convenient.

Safariland should have a holster that fits the M&P 2.0's. But your light choice may be the outlier here. There are tons of light choices on the market these days. But holster makers don't build for all of them. My advice to people is to make absolutely sure you can find a holster for your gun/light combination BEFORE you buy the light. The best light in the world is almost worthless if you can't find a holster that fits it. Stick with Surefire and Streamlight and you should generally be able to find a holster for it...but note that even some of the newer Streamlights can be hard to find holsters for. AGAIN...check first!

G Code holsters are another favorite of mine. Their rotating hood is spring loaded which I greatly prefer if I'm going with a rotating hood. G Code also has their RTI wheel/system. It's a quick detach system like the QLS only a little different. And here's the best part...G Code and Safariland stuff is interchangeable on the mounts, with the right adapter. So you can mount a Safarliand holster to a G Code RTI system and vice versa. G Code has a shorter drop leg platform (called Mule) that I like a lot and it accepts Safariland holsters. So this way you can mix and match as needed/desired. But again, always double check things first to make sure it will all fit before you buy it.

FYI: G Codes Softshell Scorpion mag pouches are excellent too. They're very similar to Taco pouches but the Scorpions aren't made with anything that will absorb water which is a plus IMO. But the mag pouches are universal and will accept everything from a single stack 1911 mag to a double stack 45 mag. Mag pouches get expensive if you need to buy gun specific pouches. And it's nice to be able to quickly swap out your QLS/RTI holster on the range and not have to change out your mag pouches.

T Rex Arms Ragnanrok holster is also compatible with the Safariland's and G Code's QLS and RTI systems. Their holster is probably my least favorite of the three but it's good quality for the money.

Lastly - You have two options for mounting OWB range holsters...

Option 1: A belt mount (Safariland calls this UBL, Universal Belt Loop, in standard, mid ride or low ride). G Code offers either a regular belt mount or a "drop pistol platform" belt mount, with or without thigh strap. You can also add a strap to the Safariland configuration. Straps are personal choices but I'm a fan as they help keep the holster from rising up on the draw and when you run and start to get active.

Option 2: An actual drop leg platform of some sort. Safariland and G Code both make them. Personally I think most drop leg rigs place the gun too far down the thigh. The farther down the leg you go the more unstable the rig gets when you start to run. That's where G Code's Mule rig comes in. It's a much shorter drop leg rig. So it places the gun just a little bit lower than a dropped belt mount but not as low as a true drop leg rig. Kinda the sweet spot but this is very much a personal thing.

Hope that helps some. :)

I am looking for a good holster that is QLS compatible and fits a 2.0 compact with an Inforce APLc light and optic. I have looked, but I don't know who is good. This is my first OWB holster. I would also prefer one of those thumb lock retention things. What are your guys suggestions?

Safariland light compatible holsters are compatible with nearly all lights on the market. They're not form fitted to a specific light like kydex holsters.

Safariland ALS holsters are enjoyed by many. I'd get a Level 3 Safariland: ALS + SLS. The rotating hood is not "slower". Draw speed is almost completely dependent upon training. I can draw a from a Level 3 holster faster than most people I've met who draw from a passive retention holster like the T Rex Ragnarok.

2.0 and 1.0 M&P's use the same holsters. If you go to Safariland's website and use their holster finder you can select your firearm, optic, and light and find a list of compatible holsters.

You will pay for a Safariland holster but they're unbeatable. I'm a fan of QVO Tactical and T Rex Arms holsters as well but the retention systems Safariland have created are near perfect.

I have checked with TRex arms and they do not make a ragnarok for the 2.0 compact size handgun at all. Only the full size unfortunately

If the retention is based on the trigger guard then you are gtg. I got a bladetech fullsize holster that works just fine with my compact. Stays nice and tight with good retention

If your compact is the 4", then it's only a 1/4" shorter than full size in regards to length. I have both, and use the same holsters for both.
Any experience with the Gcode holsters? I'm really wanted to get one but they don't make it for the 2.0 compact. But if it would work with my gun since it's only 1/4" shorter, I'd try it out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top