JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Did SA and RRA cause the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association to roll over? They are the major financial contributors to the IFMA, but are only members of that organization. Don't get me wrong, I oppose that legislation, I'm just not certain enough that they are responsible for the compromise to drag them through the mud, at least not yet.

Did SA and RRA cause the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association to roll over? They are the major financial contributors to the IFMA, but are only members of that organization. Don't get me wrong, I oppose that legislation, I'm just not certain enough that they are responsible for the compromise to drag them through the mud, at least not yet.

Looked to me like they negotiated an ammendment to exempt them from the legislation in exchange for their silence.

Pity... guess that Springer Garand, M1A and WWII-repro 1911 just got struck from the list.

Actually, I think thanks to 594 and WA's backdoor handgun registry most of my future handguns will be either EPL 1911's or bare-receiver AR pistols like the Gremlin.

I don't know what to say about this, op. No one in the gun industry would support this...I really want to know what they were thinking. Keep us updated.

Looked to me like they negotiated an ammendment to exempt them from the legislation in exchange for their silence.
Still very uncool. I get why... it's business. I get it! I have a strong dislike for people that pick business over ethics though. This is like saying you sold your soul to the devil kind of junk.

I'd say this dude screwed the pooch.

"The lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), Jay Keller, traded that group's opposition to the bill in exchange for a carve-out, removing Prairie State firearms manufacturers from the licensing requirements."

Not wise. Not good for business because if anybody can and will boycott a gun manufacturer and make it stick, it is gun owners, and this was just for the state of Illinois which is surely not large of a market compared to the rest of the USA.

This is a lose lose situation for them and with the current politics in the country not wise at all.

Pity... guess that Springer Garand, M1A and WWII-repro 1911 just got struck from the list.

Actually, I think thanks to 594 and WA's backdoor handgun registry most of my future handguns will be either EPL 1911's or bare-receiver AR pistols like the Gremlin.

You can always get a M1A rifle from Fulton Armory in Maryland instead:

Fulton Armory

M14%206.5%20Home%20copy.png

Haven't had the smell of a good boycott thread around here for at least a couple of years. Can someone push out a list of who-all we're boycotting now?

I lost track around the "Boycott Oregon" thread a couple years back because I was laughing too hard.

No M1A? Lucky for you, LRB and James River Armory exist. Might as well get an M14 made in the U.S with a forged receiver.
IF I can ever put on enough upper-body muscle, and find a stock short enough for my stubby little T-rex-like arms and overdeep ribcage that still looks reasonably close to milspec... my tailor curses every time I walk in the door because of how much work he has to do cutting down a Size 44- or 46-SHORT coat to fit. Life's "interesting" when you have a nineteen-inch neck and only like 30-inch sleeves... lol

IF I can ever put on enough upper-body muscle, and find a stock short enough for my stubby little T-rex-like arms and overdeep ribcage that still looks reasonably close to milspec... my tailor curses every time I walk in the door because of how much work he has to do cutting down a Size 44- or 46-SHORT coat to fit. Life's "interesting" when you have a nineteen-inch neck and only like 30-inch sleeves... lol
My tailor hates me too, all pants in my waist size are too long. o_O Maybe a gunsmith could come up with a wooden stock that's a bit shorter?

If you really want to see a funny coincidence, look at the 2012 Obama list of businesses that donate a ton of money to him and his campaign....cough cough Remington cough Winchester..........A democrat in office makes the best gun salesman....you really look at his 8 years and he did not do very much "adjustment" to the 2a. Most was done on states levels...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews