JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you guys think about the new "E" series 1911 from S&W? My buddy who is a pretty hard core S&W guy, picked one up this weekend at an Oregon show & is pretty happy w/ his score. I do think they look pretty cool w/ the fish scales, but I still have a tough time accepting S&W non-traditional 1911s w/ their external extractors. How do they compare in quality & performance to Springfield Armory or Kimber products?

Model SW1911 "E" Series, .45 ACP MSRP $919.00
View attachment 190757

S&W is the 1911 I really want to like, but... Every time I pick one up the grip safety has been fit like crap, large gap between frame and part. Also there has always been a gap under the rear sight, although I could live with that. I really like the LW model concept and would like to pick one up, I just can't get past the GS issue.

The picture you posted in this thread looks like that may have been adressed, I don't know. But all the ones I look at in shops have the same issue.

Regarding the extractor, I have no problem with it, if it work it matters not.

Don't think of them as fish scales. Think Dragonskin... :)

JapaneseDragonVectorArt.jpg

I'm interested in the Scandium Commander from S&W myself. As for the internal vs external extractor issue. Proper extractor tension can be one of the most finicky things about a 1911 in my book so I'd be willing to try an external one.