JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a 9 mm S&W 6944 all metal Double Action Only semi automatic handgun (no external safety shoots just like a DA revolver.) It is pretty rare only made for about 1 year. It has been over a year since I saw another of this same model on Gunbroker and it went for about $450.00 back then. I am the original owner. I bought it new for $600.00. It has Novak low profile night sights, however the tritium has faded so if you are going to shoot at night I recommend replacing at least the front, still perfect in daylight. I had a trigger job done soon after I bought it as the factory trigger pull was way too heavy for almost anyone to shoot well, seriously it was ridiculous. It cost me about $150 to have done. It was already pretty smooth but afterward it was also lighter not unlike a really good DA revolver trigger pull. It also has a magazine safety which is nice in a carry gun in case someone ever goes for your gun you can eject the magazine so the other person can’t shoot you with your own gun. I bought this gun to attend my first law enforcement academy in Nevada and was one of the top 2 shooters in my class with it out of about 50+ students. It has been in storage in my safe for most of its life, but I have brought it out of retirement, and since January it has again been my primary concealed carry gun. This is the most reliable semi automatic handgun I have every owned. I have never had any malfunction with it of any kind. I cannot say that about the Glock, Taurus or Springfield Armory firearms that I have owned. I trust my life with this gun. However, I recently obtained an even smaller subcompact 9 mm for concealed carry and so this is no longer filling the niche I was using it for, which will probably relegate it back to the safe. I have the original box, 3x 12 round factory magazines and a Galco Leather IWB for this model to go with it (I paid $40 for the holster.) I took it down to a gun store to have it appraised. He rated it as between easily 90% and maybe even up to 95% He said at 90 % the gun and just one magazine was worth $400.00, at 95% $450.00. If it was new in box unfired it would have been $600.00. He said the extra magazines added about $20 each value as they are about $29 each new, and the holster another $20 as it was $40 new. Conservatively a $460 value. I would take $400 for the whole package. FTF ok in Portland metro area with valid Oregon ID, and preferably a CHL. If I can’t get my price I don’t mind keeping it because I don’t think I could get anything this nice for less. I might consider trades or partial trades with some cash either me paying or you, or you can pay me depending on value of trade, on a case by case basis. The Taurus Judge revolver 45 LC/.410 comes to mind preferably ultralite or public defender models, maybe .357/.38 revolvers, Ruger Mini 30, or AK47, .308 rifles, XD 45 Compact, Sub compact pistols 9 mm or higher, or semi auto tactical shotgun. I can’t get my computer to upload pictures to this website but if you want I can email pictures if you PM your email address to me. Thanks for looking.

Do you have any pictures of it? <broken link removed>

MODEL 6944
- 9mm Para., double action only, 3 1/2 in. barrel, 12 shot mag., aluminum alloy frame with blue steel slide. Mfg. 1990-91 only.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.