JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why are these magazines so bloody expensive? Do they not make them anymore and what models are compatible?
Because they have been out of production for over 10 years. S&W 1006 magazines are compatible, but share the same problem.
FYI the guy mentioning the Bren ten meant the mags for the Bren Ten are even more expensive, they will not work in your S&W 1076.

Because they have been out of production for over 10 years. S&W 1006 magazines are compatible, but share the same problem.
FYI the guy mentioning the Bren ten meant the mags for the Bren Ten are even more expensive, they will not work in your S&W 1076.

Thanks for sharing. If I can find one more mag that's affordable, I'll keep it. If not I'll move it and get more daily shooters. They sure have a following. Not sure it's that special.

Chances are you have a good gun in that 3rd Gen 10mm. Head over to the Smith and Wesson Forum. Pretty sure you can find what you want there. Haven't had to add to the mag stash for a while so I don't know about pricing. Can say the 3rd Gens have been utterly reliable.

Last Edited:
I'm a long time member of the S&W forum . That's how I ended up here . A member I sold some mags to comes here and alerted me when the 1066 was for sale here . Feel like I've gone to heaven , all the S&W's here . Anyways , there's been no 10mm mags there for a while . I do like my 10mm's , I have a 1006 , 1076 , a CS40 converted to 10mm and a 610-2 . PM me and we'll talk . I won't charge you those prices .

I'm a long time member of the S&W forum . That's how I ended up here . A member I sold some mags to comes here and alerted me when the 1066 was for sale here . Feel like I've gone to heaven , all the S&W's here . Anyways , there's been no 10mm mags there for a while . I do like my 10mm's , I have a 1006 , 1076 , a CS40 converted to 10mm and a 610-2 . PM me and we'll talk . I won't charge you those prices .

PM sent

There was an ad on the S&W Forum for two 1006 mags a month ago. Originally posted for 190 shipped for the pair. After a week he lowered them to 170 shipped and someone snagged them.