JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger LCP Max with about 1700 rounds shot through it and about a month ago the trigger became inoperable during a visit to the range.
The next day I emailed Ruger explaining the situation and I received a reply within 12 hours. They asked me to contact them via phone so that the options available for me to return it could be discussed; I could take it to a local FFL for shipment or they could provide me with a prepaid FedEx label to their repair facility if I could ship it from a FedEx Hub. Immediately after the phone call I received the prepaid shipping label via email.
A day later I placed the gun back in its original packaging and dropped off at a FedEx location. Less than 48 hours later I received an email from Ruger they had received the package and would try for a turn-around time of 3-4 days. A couple of days later I received an email from Ruger with the tracking number from FedEx being shipped to my house.
They replaced the sear, sear spring and sear pin. I had replaced the original sights with aftermarket fiber topic sights and had been advised by Ruger to remove all non original parts prior to return shipping because the firearm would be returned to me in original stock form. So I got an extra set of stock sights included.
Nobody wants to have an issue with a firearm, but if you do, I don't see how service can be any better than what Ruger provided.

Sent one gun back to Ruger that I'd bought used. Shipped, repaired and returned no charge.
Sent one gun back to S&W that I bought new. Shipped, repaired and returned no charge.

Two stellar companies.

Sent one rifle back to Kimber and had to do it on my dime. They fixed the cosmetic flaws but not the feeding problem. Would have had to pay to send it back in another attempt to get it repaired. Sold gun. Not impressed with Kimber at all.

I have a Ruger LCP Max with about 1700 rounds shot through it and about a month ago the trigger became inoperable during a visit to the range.
The next day I emailed Ruger explaining the situation and I received a reply within 12 hours. They asked me to contact them via phone so that the options available for me to return it could be discussed; I could take it to a local FFL for shipment or they could provide me with a prepaid FedEx label to their repair facility if I could ship it from a FedEx Hub. Immediately after the phone call I received the prepaid shipping label via email.
A day later I placed the gun back in its original packaging and dropped off at a FedEx location. Less than 48 hours later I received an email from Ruger they had received the package and would try for a turn-around time of 3-4 days. A couple of days later I received an email from Ruger with the tracking number from FedEx being shipped to my house.
They replaced the sear, sear spring and sear pin. I had replaced the original sights with aftermarket fiber topic sights and had been advised by Ruger to remove all non original parts prior to return shipping because the firearm would be returned to me in original stock form. So I got an extra set of stock sights included.
Nobody wants to have an issue with a firearm, but if you do, I don't see how service can be any better than what Ruger provided.
This mirrors my experience decades ago with Ruger involving a mini-14 extractor that flew off into the tall grass... sent me a box, label, and had it back tout suite all fixed and ready to roll at no cost to me. As I told them, glad I wasn't in Afrika at the time... it left a taste of distrust in the mini that I never got over and I sold all five of mine. Glad to hear they are still helpful with Bill being in his grave all these years! I still use Rugers, just never minis anymore.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top