JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$595
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
44 Magnum
City
Salem
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For sale a Super Blackhawk in pristine condition. It's a 44 magnum with a 10 inch barrel. It has the heavier frame and a very nice balance. It would be perfect for handgun hunting or if you had to deal with a bear. I've never used them but it's my understanding that the long barrel rugers are the only revolvers rated to shoot the heavier loads such as Buffalo Bore. This gun looks like new and includes a leather Hunter brand holster as well as an uncle Mike's. It just doesn't see enough use to justify keeping it. Not really interested in trading. $695 cash only face to face in person at local FFl, buyer responsible for transfer fees. You can reach me through the app or call or text me at +15038518607. Thanks!

0300E22A-9479-4E5D-88D4-8D4E01CA557A.jpeg 488D2038-10AE-419E-8C03-D3B37596EE7D.jpeg 91D1829C-28FA-4A5B-A304-90C4F7E1C8DF.jpeg 735409B8-CCD2-408B-8C07-2006D74CEAA5.jpeg 6B9C3273-4A97-4CCE-BF4D-AB3CAA4431BB.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Oh, that brings back some memories! Had one just like it in the mid '80's. Had my best year (by far) hunting with it. I won't say what my load was for it, just that it was WAY over the max in any manual, and it took it just fine. That's a fine handgun right there.

Not sure what you mean by "Heavier frame " Ruger Super Blackhawks all have the same frame size in this configuration, but are bigger than a regular Blackhawk frame. Far as the rated to shoot "heavier loads" whether in 7.5 " or 10" barreled frames, either one will shoot the sane loads . It's about frame strength, not barrel length. Hope this helps with info. :)

Yes I meant that the heavy loads are rated for the 7.5 and up barrel lengths which would include the 10 inch. I'm familiar with Super Blackhawks having owned a 5.5 inch and a 7.5 inch in the past. I know that the longer barrels come with different trigger guards (dragoon style instead of rounded) and are rated for heavier loads. I thought that was indicative of a slightly denser frame to maintain the balance. Thanks for your input.

The "rounded" trigger guard 5.5" and dragoon trigger guard 7.5"-10" are both rated for the same loads. Trigger guard has nothing to do with it. Both are Super Blackhawks.
Good luck with your sale!

The "rounded" trigger guard 5.5" and dragoon trigger guard 7.5"-10" are both rated for the same loads. Trigger guard has nothing to do with it. Both are Super Blackhawks.
Good luck with your sale!
Yes as I said both 7.5 and 10 inch super Blackhawks are rated for heavier loads then the shorter ones. They both also as far as I know come with dragoon style triggers instead of rounded triggers. Obviously a trigger guard doesn't make it hold heavier rounds but they are present on the ones rated for heavier rds. A 5.5 inch is also a Super Blackhawk but isn't rated for rds such as Buffalo Bore indicating that the 7.5 and 10 inch barreled versions are not the same even though they are all super Blackhawks. Among the differences is a higher pressure threshold and also dragoon style trigger guards at least on the ones I've owned. Some models may very as I haven't owned a bisley or hunter model.

However you want to say it all I was saying is heavy loads such as Buffalo Bore will specifically say only for use in Rifles and Ruger revolvers with 7.5 and longer (which includes this ten inch model) my guess is they have a reason for saying that.

However you want to say it all I was saying is heavy loads such as Buffalo Bore will specifically say only for use in Rifles and Ruger revolvers with 7.5 and longer (which includes this ten inch model) my guess is they have a reason for saying that.
That is a very nice revolver you have, however, your statement is incorrect. You can fire this round in ANY Redhawk, super or not, and ANY Super Blackhawk regardless of barrel length. Below is verbiage copied from BB website (hope it's okay to post).

—————————————————————————
Heavy .44 Magnum +P+ Ammo
340 gr. Hard Cast, L.F.N. - G.C. @ 1,425 fps/M.E. 1,533 ft lbs
20 Round Box

ITEM 4D

NEW HEAVY 44 MAGNUM +P+

APPROVED FIREARMS

This new load is designed ONLY for certain firearms. They are as follows; Ruger Red Hawk, Ruger Super Red Hawk (the Ruger Alaskan is a short barrel Super Redhawk), Ruger Super Blackhawk or Vaquero, Freedom Arms Model 83, Taurus Raging Bull All Steel Versions (no lightweight alloys), Colt Anaconda, Magnum Research BFR and Dan Wesson Revolvers. Suitable rifles include T/C Encore, CVA Hunter, Handi Rifle and any rifle with a falling block action. Please note that this website list of approved firearms is more up to date than some of the lists found on our boxes of ammo.

The below velocities with over the counter firearms tell the story.

➤ 1,401 fps -- 5.5-inch factory stock Red Hawk
➤ 1,478 fps -- 7.5-inch factory stock Red Hawk

————————————————————————
You can see they have velocities for the 5.5" Redhawk and it mentions the Alaska snubby is a okay as well, so they are shooting it in the normal Redhawk which is not as strong as the Super Blackhawk. barrel length has nothing to do frame strength, like some have already said. If you still don't believe everyone I suggest you email BB.

Last Edited:
Not trying to be rude or argumentative, just want to be sure proper information is stated.

One more note, BB makes other 44 Mag loads that are not as stout that are okay to shoot in any modern 44 mag revolver, like the S&W M69 for example.

Last Edited:
You are correct Buffalo Bore does make lighter loads. I was referring to the hottest loads they currently make. As I mentioned earlier I am familiar with super Blackhawks as I have had a couple others. I would guess you are correct that frame strength is the deciding factor not barrel length however if that is the case they are probably reinforced in the 7.5 and 10 inch barrel models otherwise they wouldn't have a reason to state as you listed 7.5 inch and longer models. I've never owned a redhawk or super redhawk. If it's a ruger 7.5 inch or longer revolver chambered in 44 magnum as you can see it is rated for the heavier 44 magnum loads I believe that includes vaqueros as well. When I said Super I was mainly referring to Super Blackhawks as that is generally what they call the 44 magnum version of the Blackhawk. I really am not looking to get into debates or have my words picked at. Nor do I claim to be an expert. I'm just trying to sell the gun. Notably the gun is in the category of guns rated for even the hottest Buffalo bore loads. That was all I was ever trying to say is that it is rated for even extremely hot loads where other 44s with short barrels or made by other companies in most if not all cases are not. There could be exceptions and if you have a different model or less then a 7.5 inch barrel on a ruger I would suggest you research it very carefully, that's not what I am here to do. I'm just trying to sell the gun. Such research is not necessary with the 10 inch as it's clearly stated on the box. If you are someone interested in buying the gun please feel free to reach out on the thread however if you just want to try to debate things or justify that your 5.5 inch is just as strong as the 10 inch please take it up with Buffalo Bore or start your own thread and leave this classified thread for people actually interested in buying the gun. Thank you.

I don't own any Ruger revolvers so I don't really care which is stronger, but I did do a lot of research many years ago and have handled may of them side by side when I purchased my first 44 so I do know a lot about them. I just don't like seeing misinformation being spread. This is why others and myself have replied.

I didn't bother reading your long reply as I'm very lazy, but from the bit I did read, you are misinformed regarding the way Ruger revolver are designed. Where did you get this info? Got anything to back up your theory?

Also, that above, Heavy .44 Magnum +P+ 340 gr. Hard Cast, L.F.N., is BB most powerful 44 mag load. In the description they list nothing about different barrel lengths.

I just emailed Ruger, we will see what they say about frames being reinforced for longer barrels.

What ever the response, The Super Blackhawk is still a sweet gun regardless of barrel length.

Last Edited:
I really only scanned yours as well not here to debate just trying to sell the gun. If other guns can shoot hotter rounds that's fine. I personally having felt the recoil on a 5.5 inch vs the longer barrels wouldn't even if they are approved. Furthermore I don't care what you do. I state this again.

Please stay off this thread if you're not interested in purchasing the gun? Thanks.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.