JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like I said in my "introduce myself" post LOL I am a die hard Ruger fan! Does anyone have any exp. with the Ruger SR40C? I am looking to get one and need some input on if its a good gun (up to Ruger par or substandard)? Any and all input is welcome. Thanks :D

I have the Ruger SR9c and SR40c. They are fine pistols. I will say that of my personal SR's, I find the 9mm to be more accurate. The .40 is reliable and consistent. As far as a carry piece, it is great. The grip extension is well done, allowing the longer magazine to feel like a standard pistol in your hand, rather than some aftermarket crap. I am a fan. I would buy them both again. Kip.

I have the Ruger SR9c and SR40c. They are fine pistols. I will say that of my personal SR's, I find the 9mm to be more accurate. The .40 is reliable and consistent. As far as a carry piece, it is great. The grip extension is well done, allowing the longer magazine to feel like a standard pistol in your hand, rather than some aftermarket crap. I am a fan. I would buy them both again. Kip.
With the .40 is there any ammo it likes better than others? I am sold on that caliber because we reload and that is what my dad has and we reload for him. I had a .357 but it was too bulky to conceal. Thanks for the input. Glad to hear that Ruger is sticking with its known quality. :)

I have a SR9c that works great, but it is not the one I bought in the gun shop.

I bought my SR9c and took it out to the range after a cleaning. It started not resetting the trigger reliably. It would hang up about every third shot or so. I sent it back to Ruger to get it fixed. A month later, it came back "fixed." I took it back to the range and it had the same problem, about every third shot it would not reset the trigger. I used their "Tell the CEO" link on their website and told him about my troubles. I got contacted by the manager of customer service and he offered a replacement pistol.

It took another 3 weeks to get the replacement, but it has been perfect with no malfunctions. I am happy with it and glad that ruger has good customer service.

I have a SR9c that works great, but it is not the one I bought in the gun shop.

I bought my SR9c and took it out to the range after a cleaning. It started not resetting the trigger reliably. It would hang up about every third shot or so. I sent it back to Ruger to get it fixed. A month later, it came back "fixed." I took it back to the range and it had the same problem, about every third shot it would not reset the trigger. I used their "Tell the CEO" link on their website and told him about my troubles. I got contacted by the manager of customer service and he offered a replacement pistol.

It took another 3 weeks to get the replacement, but it has been perfect with no malfunctions. I am happy with it and glad that ruger has good customer service.

Thanks for the info. I went and ordered one yesterday. *Crossing my fingers* I get a good one LOL. Sorry for your troubles. I have always been really happy with my Ruger firearms. Their customer service is great :) I had a Ruger .357 LCR good gun but too hard for me to conceal.