JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Stainless Ruger Single Six with a 6.5" barrel. Absolutely perfect. .22LR cyl only. Was my father-in-laws gun. Bought new somewhere around 1977. I'd wager it's seen no more than a couple boxes of shells run thru it. This pistol has never been carried.
Has the transfer bar (or whatever you call that thing) that pops up in front of the hammer when cocked.

The only way you'll find one as clean, is if you buy a new one. Includes ammo belt with holster. Also includes original owners manual.

PRICE: $390.00

guns002.jpg
ebaystuff028.jpg
ebaystuff030.jpg
ebaystuff035.jpg
ebaystuff036.jpg
ebaystuff037.jpg

Last Edited:
Did this originally have a .22mag cylinder? Or was it made specifically as a .22lr?
I guess I'm curious as to whether it has a .22lr bore or the .22mag bore?
I'm only really interested in .22lr for one of these anyway.

The resolution on my phone isn't great, is the front sight removable?

Holster is right hand I presume?

Thanks.

Ya know... that is a great question. I've been told that there was a period of time where Ruger did not include the 22 mag cyl.. ie; 22LR only. I cannot verify wether this is true or not.. I just know that this particular one is 22LR only.
Front sight removable? Dang... I'm pretty sure the front sight is blued...which would lead me to believe it is removeable, but I'll take a closer look at it tonite. Yes, holster is RH, brand is Hunter. The belt is some other brand... can't remember what. I'll look at that tonite as well and edit this post with the info.

So the barrel is just marked .22lr, not .22mag or convertible or something like that?
Thank you.
I'll double check when I get home tonite and let you know for sure.

** I'll edit the above post and send you a pm. That way some punk whiner won't report my thread for breaking the "bump" rule.. :rolleyes:

All New Model Ruger Single Sixes have the .224 bore that will accommodate the 22 Magnum round. They did sell some with a 22 LR cylinder only but the barrel remained the some bore diameter as the guns sold as a convertible model.

I've been told that as well. I honestly do not know if this gun ever came with the additional cyl or not. It is my understanding that it's not a big deal to get one.

I've been told that as well. I honestly do not know if this gun ever came with the additional cyl or not. It is my understanding that it's not a big deal to get one.

22 mag cylinders, better call ruger. maybe. they are pretty picky about such items, factory fitted only, if they will even do it.

Ruger WILL supply a Magnum cylinder, but as coop advised, they need to be fitted for cylinder gap at the factory. Pricing can be found in the owner's manual. These guns very commonly shoot more accurately with Magnum ammunition, as the bore is
.224 diameter, relying on obturation of the Long Rifle bullet to catch the rifling firmly. This is NOT to say they aren't VERY accurate with both cartridges. It would follow then, that most persons seeking this gun will want both cylinders, or expect a severe discount on selling price to allow them room to order the other cylinder. Having said that, this gun exhibits some grip wood that is quite striking, and the overall condition is perhaps understated by the seller.

Ruger WILL supply a Magnum cylinder, but as coop advised, they need to be fitted for cylinder gap at the factory. Pricing can be found in the owner's manual. These guns very commonly shoot more accurately with Magnum ammunition, as the bore is
.224 diameter, relying on obturation of the Long Rifle bullet to catch the rifling firmly. This is NOT to say they aren't VERY accurate with both cartridges. It would follow then, that most persons seeking this gun will want both cylinders, or expect a severe discount on selling price to allow them room to order the other cylinder. Having said that, this gun exhibits some grip wood that is quite striking, and the overall condition is perhaps understated by the seller.

As far as the condition goes, you could be correct. My comment "you'll not find a cleaner example" is spot on. I've seen new ones, and the condition of mine is certainly as good.

With that said, I thought I needed to sell this in addition to a Luger to fund the purchase of a new Kimber Ultra CDP, but it looks like that may not be needed. If this turns out to be the case, I believe I'll talk to Ruger and get the additional cyl for it. It'd be a good sidearm to carry while using my mdl 94 Winchester .22 mag..

My usual .22 carry is my Smith mdl 43 that I've had for 40+ yrs.

We'll see. If someone wants to pay the above price, I'll sell it. Otherwise I'll probably just keep it.
Thanks for all the feedback!

What's funny, is that every Ruger Single Six I've seen, is usually sitting in that same exact holster. The one I inherited, has the same Hunter holster. It's almost like when you bought the pistol, you got the holster for free. Sorry to hijack.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.