JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to fund another project so my spare hunting rifle is going on the block. It's a blued ruger m77 with the tang safety and is chambered in 30-06. The action has been bedded and it has a factory adjustable trigger. I've only put 8 rounds through this to get the scope dialed in. The finish on the stock has some scuff mark but nothing too deep, and there is one spot on the barrel that looks a little funny like the blueing was touched up. Rifle comes with rings only now. $400 for rifle, rings, sling. The only trade I'm interested in is a AR pistol upper. I also have some cash that could be added for the right trade.

055ba860.jpg

1769748a.jpg

3df3a700.jpg

643dacc7.jpg

7e4c8e40.jpg

I tried to show the spot in the blueing here but the camera isn't really picking it up

b6af0edf.jpg

Due to the era, that may well be a Canjar trigger. They are excellent, single set, aftermarket. Fully adjustable, very clean break. In the day, "everyone" wanted a Canjar. They went out of business for some reason, but many think they were the best trigger ever made. Have a look, scroll down for pics, and see if it's what you have.

Link

Thanks for the link gunner. The Allen screw is in the same place as mine but I don't have a double set trigger. I'll try and tear the rifle apart later tonight and see what I can come up with.

ETA: definitly not a Canjar trigger, not sure what the make is. It does however have an over and pre travel set screws. I also took some pics of both the trigger and the action bedding if some one wants thems

Thanks for the link gunner. The Allen screw is in the same place as mine but I don't have a double set trigger. I'll try and tear the rifle apart later tonight and see what I can come up with.

The Canjar is an adjustable single set. The trigger shape itself is unique enough you might be able to compare yours to those pictures. If yours is a Canjar, the instructions are there too.

They are wonderful rifles and I have a keeper in .270 that I bought in about 1974. I think the stock adjustable triggers are plenty good, but in the day the Canjar "set" trigger was really popular.

Thank God, no!

Oh, but they are wonderful. You can use the trigger normally, set to your choice of pull. OR you can push the trigger forward until it clicks (sets), and it's a hair trigger set to your preference. It's great when you have a really good rest and a long shot.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.