JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
These little guns have intrigued me since they were introduced years ago, but I never sprang the cash for one until recently when a local gun shop had one posted for sale on Gunbroker. Apparently Ruger no longer sells them with the laminated stock, so while it was more of an "ok" price rather than a killer bargain I bid and won it. Overall it's a very nice piece and quite accurate even with cheap bulk ammo. sp it makes for cheap shooting and maybe even a little more challenging option for squirrel hunting.

20230617_144620-ed-red.jpg

I couldn't come to terms with the Charger until they started throwing pic rail in the back for pistol braces. Now that we can't have pistol braces, I wonder if these will go back to this sort of pistol again.

I have pretty much the same pistol with a red dot scope on it. When my kids were little, they would sit at the benchrest and work over one of those metal targets with the four hanging down that flipped up, and a center "reset" target. While they were young it was a definite "go-to" gun. They're 28 and 25 now and I haven't had that pistol out of the safe in awhile. Last time I had it out, we were shooting clay pigeons (on the ground) at 75-100 yards. It wasn't that tough to break them.

I definitely prefer the laminated stock version over some of the other creations I've seen photos of.

55.jpg

Long before the charger ever came out, I had 2 of these. Clunky and pointless, with no real availability to upgrade, I still had fun plinking with them.
So when the charger first landed I kinda didn't like it. Being so different in multiple ways ( heavy, no fixed sights) I never did buy one. I definitely think it has blossomed. Tons of aftermarket, chassis, barrels, even a factory take down version. Good stuff. I'd love to have a factory O.G now. I even have a couple three pistol scopes sitting unused that would get some usage finally.

With the brace laws, many chargers reverted to laminate pistol and full size rifle. Both still fun. And as long as those mags are stacked deep, Inhole and Fergie can pound sand.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top