JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend and neighbor has one. Mediocre accuracy, including handloads. Fair warning! They are absolutely ear splitters, with a CRACK not a boom!:eek:

I have one with 125gr reloads its very accurate and my only complaint is the bottom corner of the grip as it rotates in my hand causes a hot spot after about 20 rounds.

Another reloading note the 90gr Hornadys will not fit in most of the cylinders as they are a hair to big in diameter (I think they are for .30 Mauser ammo)

I really like mine over all and would have no hesitation using it for deer hunting at under 75yards.

Yes its loud but that's only because its so fast (on par with most 357 ammo)

I have the Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. I consider it a so-so revolver. I will hunt light game out to 100 yards when I put a scope on it, which is when I take it out in the field. As noted above, it is LOUD, but I do not find it unpleasant to shoot. The biggest pain is the tappered cartridge. I has a habit of getting stuck in the cylinder of my revolver. A real PITA in my book. I have learned to use a very small wipe of reloading lube on the cardridges before loading them. It saves a lot of exasperation on my part. I mainly got it because I like rifle/hand gun pairs in same caliber and it goes well with my USGI M1 Carbine I got off the CMP site. Here is a link to an article I read that prompted me to obtain one.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top