JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I bought a Ruger 22/45 Lite, just for fun. I can't seem to find a decent OWB holster for it. Any leads on where I might find a decent holster I can use on the Action Range?

Speaking of the 22/45 LITE. Last night went to clean my MKIII and noticed one grip screw was missing. thought well damn, will order a set. Tried Amazon, no, thought well E-bay will surely have them. They had all kinds for the MKII, III, and IV but warned they would not fit the 22/45. So I tried Ruger parts. Nothing. Now I am at my wits end here. Wondering why the hell would would no one sell these? Finally more searching found a post to some forum from years ago where one poster said they "thought" the 22/45's used standard 1911 screws. So I grabbed my closest 1911 and sure enough. All I could think was why the hell does Ruger (as far as I can tell) not bother to mention this anywhere? So back to Amazon I go and of course they have plenty of 1911 grip screws to choose from, so a set is on the way. So for anyone else who runs into this maybe this will help avoid some frustration :)

Last Edited:
Speaking of the 22/45 LITE. Last night went to clean my MKIII and noticed one grip screw was missing. thought well damn, will order a set. Tried Amazon, no, thought well E-bay will surely have them. They had all kinds for the MKII, III, and IV but warned they would not fit the 22/45. So I tried Ruger parts. Nothing. Now I am at my wits end here. Wondering why the hell would would no one sell these? Finally more searching found a post to some forum from years ago where one poster said they "thought" the 22/45's used standard 1911 screws. So I grabbed my closest 1911 and sure enough. All I could think was why the hell does Ruger (as far as I can tell) not bother to mention this anywhere? So back to Amazon I go and of course they have plenty of 1911 grip screws to choose from, so a set is on the way. So for anyone else who runs into this maybe this will help avoid some frustration :)
They thought the model number was info enough

:p

I know this is an old post, but I'm sure you can contact Ruger about small parts like this. I own a MKIV 22/45 Lite and wanted to remove the rail so I contacted them about set screws to plug the holes. I also had a problem with the front sight screw so I asked for a replacement. They sent out all the hardware needed at no charge. Great customer service!

20190710_100424.jpg

I know this is an old post, but I'm sure you can contact Ruger about small parts like this. I own a MKIV 22/45 Lite and wanted to remove the rail so I contacted them about set screws to plug the holes. I also had a problem with the front sight screw so I asked for a replacement. They sent out all the hardware needed at no charge. Great customer service!

View attachment 628067

Back when this happened Ruger was the first place I of course went to. They have parts for everything else but this one item was not listed. As mentioned I then tried E-bay and found same thing, they had them for the MK's of ever other flavor, most warning this is NOT for the 22/45 MKIII. On some old post from a gun forum was where I finally discovered the are just standard 1911 grip screws threads. Be nice if Ruger bothered to mention that anywhere :mad:
I did discover for a better fit to buy 1911 Grip screws for "thin" grips as the OEM wood panels on the MKIII are thinner than many common 1911 grips. After I found this out I also found out the MKIII and MK IV are different. Had a set of Crimson Trace 1911 Laser Grips that had been on several different 1911's Went to try them on the MKIV and they are a no go. Then looked at the MKIII and they did fit it with just a slight bit of alteration on one side, but grip screws were the same all around.
Someone wanted the MKIII for a project and took it off my hands (thank God), so no longer matters for me. Love Ruger's .22's but that particular pistol was nothing but headaches for me :mad: