JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
test.jpg

A quick test to see if Ruger 10/22 with scope can still hold accuracy after takedown and reassambly. Five shots (left) using a 2-7x32 scope before takedown, then takedown and reassambly three times. Pull bolt handle and release three time after the last reassambly as suggested by Ruger. Fired another five shots (right) using the scope. I fell comfortable with the takwdown feature but may limit the takedown whenever possible after the scope has been zeroed.

UPDATES:
View attachment 70274

53 yd, CCI AR Tactical (0953), 2-7x32 scope at 7X. Right: 10 round before takedown. Left: 10 rounds after takedown and reassembly, shot immediately after reassembly WITHOUT pulling and releasing bolt to stablize the alignment. First few shots did jump a little if not ammo issus.

test.jpg

Based on typical accuracy of a 10/22 I would conclude it held zero amazingly well. Assuming 5 shot groups, that is nine holes in very tight proximity. I would credit the flyer to ammo inconsistency before I blamed the rifle or scope.

The test was done in 15 yd using CCI QUIET-22 (CCI 0960) ammo. The purpose is to check if scope can still hold zero after takedown and reassembly. CCI QUIET-22 is not very good past 20 yd. I trid CCI AR Tactical (0953) at 25 and 50 yd and all group nicely.

Interesting test. I've wondered about accuracy after takedown. Just curious, have you considered testing accuracy using the iron sights too?

I did the other day with mine, no change. The barrel has both sights mounted on it, so there's really nothing to change each time.

FWIW, I'm planning on getting Tech Sights (rear sight on the receiver) and the word on the Appleseed Forum is that the zero doesn't change with those either.

I did the other day with mine, no change. The barrel has both sights mounted on it, so there's really nothing to change each time.

FWIW, I'm planning on getting Tech Sights (rear sight on the receiver) and the word on the Appleseed Forum is that the zero doesn't change with those either.

That's good to know too. My concern about a potential change in accuracy is the only thing that held me back from getting one. I guess that means I have no choice, now I have to get one.

Last Edited:
r50m.jpg

53 yd, CCI AR Tactical (0953),2-7x32 scope @7x. Right: 10 round before takedown. Left: 10 rounds after takedown and reassembly, shot immediately after reassembly WITHOUT pulling and releasing bolt to stablize the alignment. First few shots did jump a little if not ammo issus.

r50m.jpg

As a previous skeptic (and such posted on this site) of the gun, this is causing me to reconsider. (Most all "tests" previous that I viewed had serious procedural/method flaws).

Thank you.

As a previous skeptic (and such posted on this site) of the gun, this is causing me to reconsider. (Most all "tests" previous that I viewed had serious procedural/method flaws).

Thank you.

The takedown model has an interesting adjustable interface between the barrel and the receiver that insures a tight, repeatable fit. The first time you put the gun together there is a ring on the receiver you tighten by hand and the locks everything together tightly. Seems to work very well.

That's very impressive, especially for a "survival" type rifle, not a customized one. Shoots better than my 10/22 did stock. Definitely good enough to take down some critters for dinner in a SHTF or survival situation. I've liked the idea of a A7 type survival rifle but this looks way better.

Thanks for the range report.

That's very impressive, especially for a "survival" type rifle, not a customized one. Shoots better than my 10/22 did stock. Definitely good enough to take down some critters for dinner in a SHTF or survival situation. I've liked the idea of a A7 type survival rifle but this looks way better.

I'd also thought of getting something like an A7 but this looks superior in many ways. I really like its a 10/22 because I already am invested in the platform.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top