Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTB OR Ruger 10/22 Extended Mag Release, Auto Bolt Release

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories Wanted' started by Bajablast, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I am looking for an extended mag release lever and an auto bolt release for my 10/22.

LMK what you have and how much you want.

Would also trade ammo for above parts.

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The World is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.................

2. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Lots of them listed on eBay and Amazon.

3. HikerKat

HikerKat Portland, OR Member

I just bought an extended mag release for $7.95 off Ebay. I installed it easily and it works great.

4. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

Not that you want this advice, but I modified my factory bolt release very easily with a simple file and now it is an auto bolt release. There are a handful of good Youtube's showing how it is done. Easy Peasy.

HikerKat likes this.
  5. Bajablast

CHLChris, That is good advice. I will look into it. Thanks!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell..........

6. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

It involves taking the heart-shaped hole in the top-center of the part, and shaving back the part that points down, making it more of an oval instead of a heart. Took me maybe 15 minutes. Good luck!

HikerKat likes this.
  7. Lilhigbee

Lilhigbee SE Portland Visit Target550.com Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just make the one on the left look like the one on the right. The hole is the only part that matters. For the mag release I drilled the factory one and pressed in a 5/32" X 3/4"needle bearing. If you have any Eagle mags with the slider on the back this will work with them, whereas others won't. It is easy to push forward with the back of your trigger finger so you don't have to move the gun if you are on a rest.
    WP_20150110_019.jpg
    WP_20150110_020.jpg WP_20150110_021.jpg

HikerKat likes this.
  8. Bajablast

Thanks guys for the how to, and great pics. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, but what I see here seems within my abilities.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell..........