JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Google-fu is unable to provide a definitive answer for the following question; are there other barrels available for these rifles besides the .22 and .410 that they come with? I am intrigued by the idea of having a simple, basic long gun that could run multiple calibers by swapping barrels out. In particular I would like to have one chambered in 7.62x39 that could serve as a backup to my Mini-30 in a SHTF situation.

As far as I know the Tuffy only comes in .410. Are you referring to the Tuffy with short thumbhole stock, or just their single shot/matched pairs with standard stock? The latter are available in a few different calibers, though 7.62x39 doesn't appear to be one of them. The current catalog shows .22lr, .17hmr, .223, .243, and .44 mag rifle, and .410, 20 gauge, and 12 gauge shotgun. There may have been some others produced in prior years.

The Tuffy barrels may be interchangeable with the standard ones, but I'm not sure. The only differences seem to be the stock and the "nickel" finish (probably just silver paint). I do know the Tuffy weighs only 3 lbs. If you haven't already, make sure you handle a Tuffy to be sure you like the stock length. It is unmistakably made for small children and is extremely difficult for an adult to shoulder properly. With .410 or . 22 this may not be a huge deal, but anything bigger I imagine would be. Your best bet may be to look at the matched pairs or single shots since the come in full size stocks, albeit a bit heavier at around 5 lbs depending on barrel. Having owned one, I've fired the 20 gauge and I can assure you that anything less than those 5 lbs would be pure masochism. Light recoil bird shot was bearable but after 2 slugs I called it a day.

I would not recommend the rossi single shots with interchangeable barrels. I have one that fails to fire roughly 20% of the time. A guy I work with bought one about the same time and has the same problem . . . light primer strikes. They only have a 1 year warranty which is right about when your problems will start.

I didn't know whether to discourage you or not,but my rossi wizard was not one i'd ever buy again. 2 trips to be repaired was two too many. The second one was 1 week out of warranty,but they did cover it,.