JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I just signed up on Rock Island Auction company's website. The reason being is I am seeing some very nice Mauser C/96 pistols and Astra clones. The overall format is different than other firearms auction sites I've been on, but I'm sure it is just a matter of getting used to a new one.

Anyone bought via this company before? How did the auction(s) go? Anywho, just curious. Thanks. :)

I've bid on a couple of items and still can't believe what some folks will pony up for a used gun. Plus, they tack on their sales commission and handling/shipping fees.
I lost out on a bid one time and after the auction the winning buyer returned the firearm, so a lady from RIA called me and asked if I still wanted it.
I told her I would be and she informed me that I would have to pay what the winning buyer had bid, plus their commission and shipping.
The guy paid twice what I was willing so I declined and they put it back up in their next sale.
I've had better luck on GunBroker.

Yeesh, that doesn't sound like fun. The "estimated prices" on these listings look quite good, but they're just that, estimated. I too have had, generally speaking, good luck with Gunbroker.

Thanks for the feedback @jbett98. Much appreciated. :)

I have personally won a few bids and been a consistent bidder, they are also a company that Ian (forgotten weapons youtube channel) works with a lot. Some people will RACK UP the cost of some weapons, however you have to watch for the right moves. I won a fantastic condition m1 garand and 1903 (same lot) for 1000$ which the m1 alone could easily sell for that on gunbroker. Depends on what you want but the customer service is great in my experience. Theres a scoped svt40 on their next auction with bayonet that will probably be bid up to almost 4 grand knowing some of the buyers out there.

How did the auctions go? Well they used to outsource internet auctions to other companies, invaluable is one i used. It was behind but overall i wasnt too far behind to get my bid in. Now on their website they are hosting their own live interenet auctions, this is the first time ill be using that so i cant tell you how well this new one will go. Overall if you can find a lot for the right price its worth it, it does take time to get to them. But its also fun laughing every so often at people who will pay 1000$ for a basic lee enfield

Take the time to watch one of their live auctions. I earmarked a few guns that I interested in and predetermined what I was willing to pay.
As I watched the fast paced live auction on my computer, everyone of the firearms went over my set price by a considerable margin.
In fact, every firearm went well past the estimated value set by the auction house.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top