JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have first hand experience with their 1911's? I've looked at the 3.5 & 4" models and read some reviews. Which seem to be very positive. I just wonder if they're worth the $450 or so asking price. Or if it would be better to buy something a little higher end? The only 1911 I have ever owned was a Kimber pro carry, (Miss that gun) and I paid around $700 for it in 2001. I would like another 1911, I just don't want to buy junk.

Anyone have first hand experience with their 1911's? I've looked at the 3.5 & 4" models and read some reviews. Which seem to be very positive. I just wonder if they're worth the $450 or so asking price. Or if it would be better to buy something a little higher end? The only 1911 I have ever owned was a Kimber pro carry, (Miss that gun) and I paid around $700 for it in 2001. I would like another 1911, I just don't want to buy junk.

I own the RIA. I have had 3 colts, shot Kimbers and Springfields. I have held many of the off brands like llama, Taurus, Firestorms. The RIA, I felt has a very nice fit and finish and due to price is a low end gun. These are base models but with some additions from Brownells you can customize your gun with what you want. The Frames on almost all 1911 are manufactured in the phillipines, but the quality comes with the fit and finish of the assembly. Also I hear that the customer service from RIA is stellar.
Also I have seen the guns for 398.00 at gun shows. Be patient and it'll save you another 52.00 that can be used on a skeletonized hammer, trigger or anything else you
would like.

J

I absolutely love my Rock 1911 45. Stands right next to high end kimbers in accuracy and performance. Best part, if they can't fix a problem, they'll give you a new gun for a lifetime, and their gunsmith is pretty amazing in Nevada. I'd act sooner than later, i'm sure they're prices will keep rising as people find out about them.

Have and have had several. The 5" full size is very easy to customize. Hammer/sear, springs, sites, grips. I have 1-full size available that has been sweetened. If interested, let me know.. Sandy

I really appreciate the feedback guys. I figured I could do a few upgrades and it would be a pretty nice 1911. Just wanted to make sure other people had good things to say about them.

@HappyRoman: Not looking for a full size, but thank you.

had a full size RIA it was ok ( i grew up shooting MKIV ser 70 colts )
tried a Taurus pt1911 and for the price of upgrade's
the Taurus comes with better features that i had to pay for on the RIA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews