JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ex-WWE Wrestler Doink the Clown Dies in Texas

I remember staying up late to watch Portland Wrestling in all of it's Tom Peterson sponsored glory days. Matt's father, Tony, was a long time "good guy". Matt started out the same way before switching to the chaotic "Doink" persona. Those days, the Portland Metro area was a much different place, full of steel lunch box toting mill and factory workers, and wrestling was our kind of entertainment. I miss those simpler times.

Liked what I saw of the guy but the character had predictable problems. He was on WWE in the last year or two though.

So "Tough Tony's" son died. I wasn't familiar with Doink but Tony lived in my neighborhood when I was a kid (Kurt Von Poppinhiem too). He was a genuine good guy! Always had time for us kids, mild spoken, a real gentleman! I'm glad he passed on in 2010. One of the worst things that can happen to a person is to out live your children.

Playboy Buddy Rose...

Stan "the man" Stasiac (sp) dated my sister's friend's mother... LOL

Dutch... something or other.

Andre the Giant

Rowdy Roddy Piper... I worked with his fater in law (Virgil) for a couple years,

LOL... I remember Crooked River Bob's Crooked River Ranch commercials... Let's go fishin' Uncle Bob!

Stomper - are you thinking of Dutch Savage?

I watched Portland Wrestling wihen Crooked River Bob sponsored it too. I remember the Von Stieger Brothers, Johnny War Eagle, and The Claw. When I was a young boy, got to meet Lonnie Mane, and Tony Borne at a business in Gladstone at an event one time.

I met Lonnie Mayne when I was 12. Went deer hunting the next day. Best birthday ever. Dutch Savage got religion and lives a somewhat quiet life in Yacolt also home to mega celebrity Tonya Harding, or was anyway. She may have moved after getting married. Moved to the big city. Battleground.

Though it is beyond absurd as an adult, I had the pleasure of being born in 1978 and was at Portland Wrestling in the '80's when it was still an event. The coolest thing about being there besides the wrestling was the feeling of DANGER. Drug deals, drunken fights(not to mention Coalminers Glove Matches), testosterone and scantily clad women. What more could a pre-pubescent kid want?

Stomper - are you thinking of Dutch Savage?

I watched Portland Wrestling wihen Crooked River Bob sponsored it too. I remember the Von Stieger Brothers, Johnny War Eagle, and The Claw. When I was a young boy, got to meet Lonnie Mane, and Tony Borne at a business in Gladstone at an event one time.

Yes, SAVAGE! I think I remember he had some funky sideburns... pointed I believe. I remember the other names you brought up, too.

They seem to all die so young.

Steroids and pain killers take their toll. It's pretty sad.

Some of these guys are pretty sharp, though. I did a small business deal once with Billy Jack Haines, and if I hadn't known who I was talking with (all on the phone) I would have sworn I was dealing with a seasoned businessman. I took a lesson away from that experience about not making assumptions about others.

Saturday night wrestling was great!

Bull Ramos was always a favorite of mine.

I remenber well the night Jesse Ventura beat Playboy Buddy Rose to a bloody pulp in the Crows Nest. Don Bonnema was for once speechless. The next week they squared off in the ring. Jesse beat the snot out of him. Buddy started puking in the ring. Jesse damn near stripped Buddy of his trunks while in the ring. Buddy was trying to keep his drawers up and fight off Jesse. "Katie bar the door"!

What a hoot!

I saw Tony Borne wrestling a tiger at a boat show in the colosium about 68 or so. the only thing keeping the tiger awake was Tony messing with it. funny stuff.

Mickey Rourke's "The Wrestler" was a very good movie and shows what went on behind the wrestling circuit.
The part where Mickey and another wrestler discuss what it feels like to have a staple gun used on him, made me cringe.

Saturday night wrestling was great!

Bull Ramos was always a favorite of mine.

I remenber well the night Jesse Ventura beat Playboy Buddy Rose to a bloody pulp in the Crows Nest. Don Bonnema was for once speechless. The next week they squared off in the ring. Jesse beat the snot out of him. Buddy started puking in the ring. Jesse damn near stripped Buddy of his trunks while in the ring. Buddy was trying to keep his drawers up and fight off Jesse. "Katie bar the door"!

What a hoot!

LOL I remimber that one too, Makes a feller feel old. I went to high school with Sandy Barrs son Ferrin, we were on the Roosevelt wresteling team, last time I saw him I think he was wresteling under the name Jessie Barr?. Ah the good old days.

I met Lonnie Mayne when I was 12. Went deer hunting the next day. Best birthday ever. Dutch Savage got religion and lives a somewhat quiet life in Yacolt also home to mega celebrity Tonya Harding, or was anyway. She may have moved after getting married. Moved to the big city. Battleground.

Your kidding me!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads