JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
:gun08:

Subject says it all...always wanted a 10mm 1911 and I wanted to see if anyone has had experience on this and what was their thoughts? In addition I was wondering if anyone have seen any for sale or do they leave the shelves quickly? IF you got one for sale on ftf PM me.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

RIA-10mm.jpg

RIA-10mm.jpg

Last Edited:
Did you pick one of these up?

I did!

I pick it up on Friday (out of town till then).

I ordered some UW ammo and 20# and 22# springs. Looking for this gun to be a real shooter.

I will post results and review:)

Tyler

Not yet! I did have an agreement worked out with a fellow member (userid withheld) but they have seemed to backed out so off hunting I go for another one!

Looking forward to the review! I'm assuming you got yours in Bend?

Not yet! I did have an agreement worked out with a fellow member (userid withheld) but they have seemed to backed out so off hunting I go for another one!

Gallery of Guns has 85 in stock now at around $540-600 depending on your FFL you choose. And that includes all shipping/FFL costs with their Davidson's lifetime warranty.

Y'all get out and shoot these yet?
I wonder if they made the frames stronger as some of the first 1911s couldn't handle the 10mm round .
I figure for $600+- it'd worth a go

I haven't got mine yet but I'd be curious if someone has they their thoughts? I plan on order one locally if I can't get a FTF.

I got mine a few weeks ago and took it out yesterday. I already put a 22lb recoil spring in it and a flat bottom firing pin stop. Mostly positive report.

I would get the slide locking back while shooting, I switched to a single hand grip to ensure it wasn't me causing it. Turns out it isn't uncommon in the 1911 world for rounds in the mag to contact the slide stop during cycling, I could see a slight copper mark on mine so I took a bit off with a file and that should solve that. It probably doesn't help that I load to max OAL.

Barrel throat is very tight, enough to cause some problems with hardcast loads, my LW barrel for my Glock had the same problem, not the end of the world to open it up a bit. Again, not helped by me loading to max OAL.

The mag that came with it seems to have a bit of a problem, the follower doesn't appear to be at the same angle as the feed lips, so when fully loaded there is a significant gap at the front of the top round and the round below it, with my 135gr loads, releasing the slide would naturally push the nose of the round downward, causing a FTF, didn't happen if I rode the slide home or with my 180gr loads.

Upon further inspection of the mag, the follower angle is fine and it isn't tilting or anything either, I'm not sure what to make of this. The gap widens as more rounds are loaded. In any event, I have a couple Tripp Research 9rd mags on the way.

It handles hot rounds no problem, my hot load is a 180gr hard cast at 1400fps from my 5.15" Glock barrel. No bulges or anything like that.

Personally I found the operator grips to be too aggressive for me, so I switched them out to VZ ECT Frags. I also switched out the trigger to a Caspian Trik, the safety so a single Ed Brown extra wide and mainspring housing was switched to an Ed Brown Chainlink II. All personal preference stuff and why the 1911 is so great.

Comparing my RIA to a friend's Remington R1, the attention to detail on the RIA is much better, edges are rounded off (nothing major), the extractor is flush, the ejector is flush, ect.

But anyways, the only FTF were definitely mag related and no FTE issues. I bought it to tinker with anyways.

BTW, these things comes absolutely soaked in oil, be prepared to strip it down to the bare frame to clean it up.

ToZnKLE.jpg

Yes,

I am in Bend, actually I ordered mine from (they are out now). <broken link removed>

Grabagun has them though! two left!

<broken link removed>

You know what...I'm an idiot...should of bought when you posted those links. All Sold Out...DOH!

If anyone comes across deals on this please let me know by posting or PM, thanks! If someone wants to FTF that is perferred for me.

BTW keep up with the reviews! So far pretty excited! I'm gonna get out of the 45acp and focus on 10mm I think so I might need to sell some stuff later. Too many calibers! :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top