Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Reviews, Tip and suggestion on a HK P30

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Tomoizle, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Tomoizle

Tomoizle Vancouver, Washington, United States Active Member

I just pick up this beauty and was wondering do anyone have reviews and suggestion advice on this gun? Thanks!

2. optiontrigger

optiontrigger Snohomish County, WA Member

3. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I have a few HK'S p2000sk, usp 45 tactical , p30, mp5, 53, 91, I think they are some of the nicest guns out there. Just hard to find or expensive holsters and accessories.buddy But Congratulations on a fine purchase! That pistol will last you forever ...

4. Tomoizle

Thanks guys I love the feeling of it in my hand and I have held usp but too blocky an big for my hand :) and this is the newest and I believe to be the evolution of usp and p2000?

5. Tomoizle

Recently pick up a lasermax uni red laser and it works awesome and the nice part about it is you can sight it in unlike some laser

6. Tomoizle

Yeah I heard about that 91k test and was amaze! That was actually one of the reason why I got it :).... I have owned SA 1911 and glock 27... Wish they have this in 45 acp but 9mm will do.. I know they have this in 40 but after the 1911 I prefer a 45acp stopping power or a 9mm for cheap ammo and adequate power :)

7. optiontrigger

The new HK45 (not the USP-45) also has the Spidey grips and the same slide profile. A bit more spendy though. The HK45C has the same grip profile as the P2000, which is the way this .45 ACP "family" was originally designed.

8. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have the hk45 and have to say it is the most accurate and comfortable .45acp that I have ever fired. Almost the same design as the P30, the HK45 has a safety. Costs about $100-150 more. Love it so much that I am considering selling my XDm 9mm and replacing it with the P30L (longer barrel). Guarentee you will be pleased.

Only thing I would improve on mine is the trigger. Very heavy dual action, and single action could be a little crisper, but overall probably the best pistol I have ever owned or shot. Congrats!

http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9715

9. optiontrigger

As an option to the DA/SA, have you tried any of the LEM trigger packs? I have the V2 trigger on my P2000 and it's really good. You lose the thumb safety though, if that's important to you.

10. Phillyfan

I read about the LEM trigger and think it is the way to go for a service firearm, but I like having the option when at the range. Also, I carry this thing in the woods when I hunt so I like having the safety just in case. Good suggestion though.

11. Tomoizle

Just pick up another HK to the family! A HK USP 40mm :)

12. fireduc

fireduc North Kitsap County New Member

Had Bill Springfield do a trigger job on mine--solves most of those issues with long reset, heavy DA, and the trigger is as crisp as can be. Love my P30, I am sure you will love yours!

13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I don't think I want to shoot a 40mm USP...

oasis618 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Phillyfan

Is that a local gunsmith? How much was it, if it is OK to ask?

15. fireduc

fireduc North Kitsap County New Member

http://www.triggerwork.net/usp.html
    cost depends on what you want done. That said, Bill's prices are some of the best in the business. Turn around was about a week--also one of the best in the business. Call Bill and ask him the best way to ship.

16. Phillyfan

Thanks. Funny thing is that I just found that site today and was considering it, knew I recognized the name. Prices seem very reasonable, nice to hear that the work is of good quality. I'll be giving them a call.

17. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

The P30 is overall a great 9mm. The trigger could be better, IMHO. I am used to my HK45c which has a better trigger. I am sending the P30 to Bruce Grey to work his trigger magic on. He is more expensive than Bill, but his work is detailed and he recoats all of the parts after smoothing them out.