JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After 18 years, my doc martens are ready to go, I hear the new ones are no longer made in England but in Malaysia and the quality is awful. Considering some corcoran jump boots. Any suggestions?

After 18 years, my doc martens are ready to go, I hear the new ones are no longer made in England but in Malaysia and the quality is awful. Considering some corcoran jump boots. Any suggestions?

You mean the "old school" Corcoran Jumps?

What are you planning to wear them for? The outsoles can get pretty slick after a bit of wear. They're fine for "garrison" use, but unless you have a Vibram outsole put on they aren't THAT great for "work". I used to wear them A LOT when in Big Green, while in garrison mode and had a Vibram outsole put on them for use while on MP patrol/security duties.

They sure do take a nice spit-shine though!! ;)

I had them too, in the army. Going to use them inside. And yes, they were better with vibram soles. Finding a good show repair shop to put them on is hard now. Going to be wearing them for work indoors walking patrol, don't expect to wear them too hard.

Yep, they do look sharp shined up.

I had them too, in the army. Going to use them inside. And yes, they were better with vibram soles. Finding a good show repair shop to put them on is hard now. Going to be wearing them for work indoors walking patrol, don't expect to wear them too hard.

Yep, they do look sharp shined up.

Danner Acadias come with Vibram soles and also take a great shine if youbhave to wear a black uniform boot.

I have had DOCS .
TIBERLAND
ALL DIFFERENT KINDS.
300 dollars for a pair of DANNERS.
LOL GUESS WHAT .
I BUY THESE NOW.
sports man guide.
HQ boots 40 bucks .
They are comfortable .
They are water proof they work for me.
If I'm not wearing boots I wear VANS.
BEEN WEARING VANS sense I was 12 years old.Doc Martin's are not what they used to be. MVIMG_20181225_190001.jpg MVIMG_20181225_190004.jpg MVIMG_20181225_185259.jpg MVIMG_20181225_185306.jpg Sorry got the pictures mixed up

I am required to wear a heavy leather boots at work.or atleast a work boot .
Good luck I had to try many many different kinds to find one that I can use every day

Danger Super Rainforest for me, $389 (ouch) but for the comfort they are worth every penny. My dad told me that you spend most of your life on your feet or sleeping so buy a good mattress and good footwear.

Best made boots I have ever owned were danner super rainforests. Triple stitched and water tight. Ended up re-soling them 3 times with the best vibram crossmarks before they gave up the ghost.

I got them as 2nds at the store over on airport way, they were $175 a pair, so I got 2 pair. The leather texture was mismatched, didn't bother me and it save me a toilet full of money.

I like these, bought mine on sale for $79.99:

Cabela's Men's Rimrock Mid Hikers with GORE-TEX®

• 100% waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX membranes
  • Moisture-wicking linings
  • Tri-density EVA midsoles provide a cushioned step
  • Aggressive Vibram XS Trek outsoles deliver outstanding traction
I neglected to mention that for many years I bought and wore Vasque Sundowners, when they were made in Italy. They were wonderfully made, high quality boots.

Then, they started making them from China. While the quality was/is...fair, they're not the same higher quality they once were.

The Cabelas Rimrocks have a big toebox, which I need and are actually very quiet on tile or concrete. So, they're better at shock absorbing surfaces. Good stuff!

I think they too are Chinese made, but I'm finding them decent quality and a heck of lot less costly than Sundowners.

Last Edited:
I have DM shoes (it's made in UK DR MARTENS VINTAGE 1461 ) that my better half bought me three years ago.
They are as heavy as hell and PITA to wear all day. So they are still collecting dust in a closet.

For hiking, walking out GSs in woods we like Columbia Newton Ridge™ Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boots. They are very lightweight, very comfortable and very durable.
We hike a lot - in the forests and mountains.
bc960a0c60c900416d1944cdb90af735.png

Last Edited:
For hiking, walking out GSs in woods we like Columbia Newton Ridge™ Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boots. They are very lightweight, very comfortable and very durable.
We hike a lot - in the forests and mountains.
View attachment 531605

While I don't think this is the type of boot the OP is looking for, I have a pair of Cabela's exclusive Merrill's that are very similar to these.
Quite possibly the most comfortable shoes I own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top